PDA

View Full Version : Noobish Tells from unkown players?

Xamot
03-26-2007, 06:18 PM
I'm new to Micro Limit and I was wondering what your experiences were with frequent mistakes and tells that bad players give off.

For example the weird way that bad players over bet and push all in with the nuts all the time.

jk1986
03-26-2007, 06:47 PM
the only 2 that ever work tells that ever work with any consistency IMO are:
1) the insta call of the flop/ turn bet from anyone but a complete station = hand that they didnt even consider raising. (ALA greenplastic)
2) the min bet flop/turn lead, normally weak, sometimes strong, just a matter of working out if the villain does it with hands or not.

Bramsterdam
03-26-2007, 07:07 PM
Minbets are pretty weak most of the time, insta call means (flush/straight)draw, $0.25 bet into a $4 pot at the river is looking for a cheap showdown, minraise is probably a monster

Vyse
03-26-2007, 07:16 PM
minraise has no strong/weak properties, depends player to player

bet pot is usually a bluff, but some villains just pot two streets with the nuts or near it so note it

minraise PF = weak, I am starting to 3bet those non-stop

minraise on the flop with draw showing IS often a draw, re-raise with tptk there

bad players fold easily to paired boards unless they have something strong

mathemagician54
03-26-2007, 08:32 PM
eh, i wouldnt put too much into these, they're player dependent. I've heard things like instacheck means weak hand, but i've also been instachecked the nuts. All of the above "tells" i have had contradictory experiences. Point is, these things are player dependent

Vyse
03-26-2007, 08:33 PM
For 10 NL, anyway, my above reads work quite well.

mathemagician54
03-26-2007, 08:39 PM
I mean, they are things to consider. But it's not the only thing to consider as im sure you know. Whatever other information you have is most likely more important than these tells, then after all that is considered I would take account for the tells.

Sean Fraley
03-26-2007, 11:29 PM
limp-reraise preflop is almost always AA or KK.

minraise preflop followed by a shove on a dry flop is often a set.

smooth-calling a 3-bet preflop followed by a shove on a dry flop is almost always AA or KK.

A lot of players will check-raise the preflop raiser with TPWK, especially if the flop is wet.

A 3-bet preflop followed by minimum or very small bets on the flop and turn when the flop is a bunch of low cards is often AK.

bsheck
03-27-2007, 12:18 AM
I've noticed that a quick call is almost always a drawing hand.

Big Poppa Smurf
03-27-2007, 12:20 AM
Xamot,

just pay attention to patterns that you notice and timing tells and you will soon figure these out for yourself. The fun starts when you find someone with reverse tells!

bozzer
03-27-2007, 10:48 AM
minbet on wet flop into pfr = draw at $5NL. feel free to raise this up constantly.

KJatl
03-27-2007, 11:33 AM
I think this is the most reliable that I've seen: More often then not, players calling on the flop with flush draws almost always check on the turn when they hit.

K䲰䮥n
03-27-2007, 12:44 PM
post flop open fold - they can see your hole cards

Vyse
03-27-2007, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think this is the most reliable that I've seen: More often then not, players calling on the flop with flush draws almost always check on the turn when they hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed 100%