PDA

View Full Version : 25NL: Implied Odds with big FD

CardMinger
03-26-2007, 06:17 PM
This opponent has been loose but tricky in the past...I have been punishing him for limping and raising with junk a lot.

I obviously have a strong draw with a nice over here but I just don't know if I'm getting good enough implied odds to call. I am assuming if another spade comes off that he will probably slow down if he doesnt have the flush himself, and maybe he will slow down to a lesser extent if an A comes off.

Are these assumptions normally correct? Assuming that they are correct and that he slows down most of the time what is my move here?
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, CO calls, 3 folds.

Flop: K/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($2.05, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2.05</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $8</font>.
Hero...

Results:
Final pot: $6.15

Thanks,
CM

goat_beard
03-26-2007, 06:21 PM
u are more than likely beat here...i dont see him 4xing that strong bet with less than TP even as hes tricky, im going to fold this here, 3 way i mite shove

Paul B.
03-26-2007, 06:48 PM
Make your standard cbet less than pot, and stack sizes are obv very important in this hand.

kayfish77
03-26-2007, 06:54 PM
yeah you basically priced yourself out although against KQ or some similat tpgk hand you have 44% equity. granted it looks like you have 0 fold equity but i probably shove and embrace variance. maybe hes playing back at u or will realize he doesnt really want to play k10 for stacks. against a set you win 1 in 4 times and thats probably the worst case scenario. even ak you're not in completely horrible shape. i dont know, what are stack sizes? calling here is definitely the worst option, so its either push or fold; i lean towards a push although a fold is probably better.

Vyse
03-26-2007, 07:01 PM
plz fold and cbet smaller