View Full Version : ATo - 6max - Posision play

VorShot
03-26-2007, 03:11 PM
Is this pretty standard?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$0.10/$0.25 Blinds
5 Players
Lego Poker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
SB: $11.15
BB: $10
UTG: $14
CO: $24.65
<font color="black">Hero (BTN): $25</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> A/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif ($0.35, 5 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, CO folds, Hero raises to $1.50, SB folds, BB calls $1.25, UTG calls $1.25

<font color="black">Flop:</font> K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif ($4.60, 3 Players)
BB bets $0.75, UTG folds, Hero raises to $4.50, BB calls $3.75

<font color="black">Turn:</font> K/images/graemlins/club.gif ($13.60, 2 Players)
BB bets $1, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $1 returned to BB

Preflop i had the button, so, "RAISE THAT [censored] UP"

Flop comes out, and it's three-way, now, i missed, but i'm in control, damn a donk bet. Bet somewhere around 2/3ths to 3/4s the pot.

Ok...so i made my c-bet, the short stack is still here, i don't have any stats on this guy, but he's got $4 behind left, and he's turn donk-betting $1. If he's got a K or the flush, i'm drawing dead, and anything else, i'm drawing slim.

Since he's only got $3 left, i figure i have 0 fold equity.

So...standard?

RMLewis
03-26-2007, 03:17 PM
I would only raise this hand on the button if you were stealing blinds. This is not a wonderful hand to play in multi-way pots.

as played, it seems the BB doesnt have any concept of bet-sizing, so his "weak" bets aren't very indicitive of his stregnth... I like to avoid this situation all together

VorShot
03-26-2007, 03:26 PM
I raise the button with worst hands then this.

RM, i believe you need to read Tien's 6-max post.

tiger_hall
03-26-2007, 03:30 PM
he has you beat or you are getting [CENSORED] sideways by some idiot who has no idea how to play...

Waingro
03-26-2007, 05:27 PM
Hu I raise his flop donk bet 80%+, but three-way I just fold. Unless you think it is a good opportunity you have the best hand and villain has no pair no draw, in which case by all means just push.

You see utter garbage take this line occasionally, like bottom pair no club. So you could push turn but it probably doesn´t matter much either way.

Triggerle
03-26-2007, 06:23 PM
I like it. Flop raise against a small donk-bet will succeed very often. If he stays in you fold unimproved.

Edit: I also like pre-flop. I would raise even A2o on the button against limpers.

juanepr
03-26-2007, 06:34 PM
If I tried this flop raise, I would make it enough to put shortie all in. However, I would not try this as shorties push with any piece of the flop and you are drawing slim.

For those that worry about being multiway, UTG folded before hero raised on the flop, so it was HU at that point.

kayfish77
03-26-2007, 06:43 PM
raising his flop lead is bad, but if you're going to you can prob save several bbs, making it 3.50 accomplishes the same thing as 4.50. also i usually dont raise a10o after a limper comes in :&lt;

Gustav
03-26-2007, 06:54 PM
Preflop is standard. Love the flop raise. If stacks were ~100BB I think it should be a bit larger, around $5.50. But I'm not getting away on the turn for just $3 more. I wouldn't even be particularly surprised if you were ahead.

Reliant444
03-26-2007, 07:13 PM
oh noez...stack sizes....

preflop is ok unless BB is a mega fish, in which case you're gonna be seeing a 3-way flop with a shortstack and UTG

flop is terrible...he's not folding anything he donks there when he's that short and you've almost pot committed yourself to calling with a 10-high FD....fold flop FTW

orange
03-26-2007, 07:24 PM
PF is good. Flop is good generally vs. opponents with 100bb stacks. But vs. shorties, I typically won't raise here. I just dump on the flop and wait for a hand vs. shorty.

Montezuma21
03-26-2007, 07:56 PM
PF is good. against most full stacked opponents i'll raise this flop. it doesn't cost you much more than a normal CB anyway. the fact that you're against a shortie and the fact that this is a somewhat drawy board means that i'll call the flop and 2/3PSB the turn on a non-club turn. note that if i didn't have the Tc i would 2/3PSB the turn even if a club fell ( i think). nice turn play.

Sean Fraley
03-26-2007, 08:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
PF is good. Flop is good generally vs. opponents with 100bb stacks. But vs. shorties, I typically won't raise here. I just dump on the flop and wait for a hand vs. shorty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree.