PDA

View Full Version : NL10 set, turn completes flush

juanepr
03-26-2007, 01:16 PM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($20.45)
Hero ($10.35)
Button ($11.25)
SB ($5.10)
BB ($7.25)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.4</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.85) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.6</font>, BB calls $0.60.

Turn: ($2.05) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.3</font>, BB calls $1.30.

River: ($4.65) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $1.5</font>, Hero ?

Can I raise here? I am not sure how often villian has the flush here.

davidyang
03-26-2007, 01:18 PM
I don't think I would raise here. This board is so sick, so many draws. I think I would just call river, and expect to be beat pretty often here.

RollTide77
03-26-2007, 01:24 PM
I would bet closer to PSB on the turn. If he called that I would commit myself to thinking I'm beat and fold the river to any decent sized bet. As played though, make the call. Expect to be beat. If it was closer to a PSB I would fold.

Machavelli
03-26-2007, 01:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I would raise here. This board is so sick, so many draws. I think I would just call river, and expect to be beat pretty often here.

[/ QUOTE ]

AKQJ
03-26-2007, 01:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would bet closer to PSB on the turn. If he called that I would commit myself to thinking I'm beat and fold the river to any decent sized bet. As played though, make the call. Expect to be beat. If it was closer to a PSB I would fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

DexterJoe
03-26-2007, 02:10 PM
I'd agree with everything you did, even your bets on the flop and turn. He checked called all the way to the turn, but there are a ton of hands that can beat you in the BB (not only the flush but the straight), so when he bets on the river, you have to expect to be beat, that he finally made a hand. Either that or he had just a great hand all the way through and had you pegged as aggressive enough to bet for him all the way to the river. I still think you have to probably call, too.

juanepr
03-26-2007, 02:36 PM
I called river and villian showed AKo and MHIG. I should bet more on the turn, but I feel pretty good about everything else in this hand.

boycalledroy
03-26-2007, 02:45 PM
If he made the flush there would have been fireworks on the turn.

juanepr
03-26-2007, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If he made the flush there would have been fireworks on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes... villians at these low stakes LOVE the slowplay! Just prior to this hand, I stacked a villina that limped AK, with Qxs from the big blind, when I flopped a flush.

boycalledroy
03-26-2007, 03:01 PM
Even villains are not stupid to slow play somthing that is not the nuts. If he hit a flush it would have probably been a small one (given the Ace is out) and another club would of screwed his hand or his action. If the ace wasn't out I _would_ of been scared!

Bowlboy
03-26-2007, 03:09 PM
I like how OP played this hand out. The turn bet is a good size, as you are still offering less than correct odds to draw, while controlling the size of the pot. If villain makes his hand on the river, there is a good chance he will check to you since you've led the flop and turn. This is very common at 10NL. As played, hero can get away from a large river bet, or call a small blocker like this. Yes, in this case you should have bet more on the turn, or even just pushed if you knew his cards. There are just a lot of straight and flush possibilities to think about too.

tiger_hall
03-26-2007, 03:14 PM
just call the river... why u wud want to raise into that scary board without knowing where you are is stupid as you want him to call your raise or you are trying to make him fold... likely to see an ace with a medium kicker altho personally he either makes flush on turn or straight on river with 68...