PDA

View Full Version : 25 USD - Do I c-bet this flop?

K䲰䮥n
03-26-2007, 12:17 PM
Readless.

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
Hero: $30.70
UTG+1: $24.90
CO: $6.85
Button: $38.52
SB: $22.75
BB: $5

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1</font>, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, Button calls, 2 folds.

Flop: 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($3.35, 3 players)
Hero?

inspir3d
03-26-2007, 12:20 PM
bet pot, fold to a raise/any further action.

K䲰䮥n
03-26-2007, 12:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please tell us your reasoning.

Skleice
03-26-2007, 12:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. With such scary flop, most players will lay down if you make a good sized bet here. They will fear that you have a strong overpair, the flush, or at least drawing to the nuts since you raised pf. If you get a raise or a caller, you're probably in trouble. Although, a tough player could smell your fear with your big bet and bully you out of this pot....at this level it is unlikely.

K䲰䮥n
03-26-2007, 12:42 PM
Well I'll throw in my own opinion...

Problem is that at this level even if I bet the pot high /images/graemlins/heart.gifs will still call me. That's good, right? I'm ahead of them. Well... no.

Lets say I bet the pot and get a caller. The turn is a /images/graemlins/heart.gif. I'm [censored]. We agree.

Now the turn is a blanc card. As stated I really don't want to fire a second barrel. So I check. Now I'll get pwned by a x/images/graemlins/heart.gif hands. Now to mention if the turn is J+ non heart.

So basically we'll get get pwned by many hands that we beat on the turn.

Right? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

peterum
03-26-2007, 03:00 PM
i don't think the CO will call a bet here... any Q oder big heart is going to push here...so this decision is easy...

hm..so we need any read on the button...but i think SC or low PP are usually in his range, cuz he's just calling you preflop...

cbet will work often here...

sorry, poor english..lol

K䲰䮥n
03-26-2007, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i don't think the CO will call a bet here... any Q oder big heart is going to push here...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm playing Ivey here?

It's a $25 donk.

(my english sucks, too, dont worry)

catfish_01
03-26-2007, 03:05 PM
C-bet's work best in position against one opponent; note that here you are against two opponents, OOP, and on a draw-heavy board. Note that the CO is short-stacked too. Of all situations to c-bet in, I would say this is not one. It sucks to check here but unless you've observed the CO cold-calling then folding a ton of flops with his small stack, a bet will only build the pot and cause you further trouble.

tiger_hall
03-26-2007, 03:06 PM
bet big on the flop... if they call then i wud get it to the river as cheap as possible and see if my 10 10 has held up... does leave you open to be bluffed but u need to use your experience in this situation..

RMLewis
03-26-2007, 03:11 PM
A pot-sized C-bet will take down this pot on the flop more often than not as typical 25nl donks do not usually raise this flop. Typical 25nl donks will CALL with their heart draws or completed flushes, not raise. If your c-bet doesnt take this down right away, then i feel you are forced to make the weak play of checking on the turn... basically giving up on this hand

peterum
03-26-2007, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i don't think the CO will call a bet here... any Q oder big heart is going to push here...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm playing Ivey here?

It's a $25 donk.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol yea... but it's also the standard $25 shortstack play...

avfletch
03-26-2007, 03:18 PM
Betting this flop is awful in my opinion.

1. The board is monotone making it full of flush draws.
2. Overcard.
3. Out of position on 2 people.
4. CO only has about a PSB left behind so may get it in super light, eg QJo.

Cbetting isn't about firing every time you raise preflop.

Just my 2c.