PDA

View Full Version : 22 50nl flops a set, scary turn/river

prodonkey
03-26-2007, 09:17 AM
Put villain on a hand. He's 22/6/2 over 300 hands. Can I play this hand any differently? Check calling just seemed like the right way to go. I limped behind another limp which is my normal play here with a tiny pp as the blinds were loose and so was the limper.

Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter (http://www.learnhowtoplaypokerfree.com/convert/convert.cgi) Courtesy of PokerZion.com (http://PokerZion.com)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

BB ($50)
UTG ($74.10)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($78.70)</font>
<font color="#C00000">CO ($72.70)</font>
Button ($50)
SB ($46.55)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $2.75</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls $2.25, Hero calls $2.25.

Flop: ($9) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $9</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls $9.

Turn: ($27) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $27</font>, Hero calls $27.

River: ($81) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $33.95 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls $33.95.

Final Pot: $148.90

Loc0Loc0
03-26-2007, 09:38 AM
Sorry i dont see the scary part?

You should push de turn or raise the flop a bit to get your money in.

matrix
03-26-2007, 09:50 AM
you flopped a boat - not a set.

If you know there's a great chance that someone behind you will raise - then I like preflop. If it's not likely and you'll wind up in an unraised pot with a couple of limpers I hate preflop - raise that pair for value.

as played flops OK

CR turn all in.

I don't see any scary parts. you have like 4th nuts on the turn 88/KK/K8 beats you - you are crushing everything else.

on the turn CO can have loadsa hands from AK to two different flavours of flush draw to an overpair, trips - or rarely one of the three hands that beat you - get it all in on the turn.

prodonkey
03-26-2007, 09:57 AM
What hands containing an 8 is a guy that raises 6% of his hands raising after 2 limpers? I don't think he raises 88 preflop.. he doesn't play K8 I wouldn't think. Say he has AA.. does he call a turn CRAI? Does QQ/JJ?

Jouster777
03-26-2007, 09:57 AM
In addition to hands that beat us listed above, villain can show up with AK, AA, and A8s here. I would think AK and AA would check behind on river...which is why you should C/r turn or open push river. The scariest part of this hand is that he didn't check behind on river but we shouldn't know that part of the action (technically its really part of results)

I don't mind preflop with 22 when you are overlimping.

zboy
03-26-2007, 10:02 AM
Push turn. If he has KK, accept variance.

matrix
03-26-2007, 10:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What hands containing an 8 is a guy that raises 6% of his hands raising after 2 limpers? I don't think he raises 88 preflop.. he doesn't play K8 I wouldn't think. Say he has AA.. does he call a turn CRAI? Does QQ/JJ?

[/ QUOTE ]

If that read is good you are always good here - of course he calls a turn c/r with AA/KK - look at the pot odds he'd be getting. He might fold JJ/QQ we have no read on how he plays postflop but usually once someone puts in that much of their stack they are never folding if they have some kind of made hand.

The C/R turn all-in line is called stack-a-donk for a reason /images/graemlins/smile.gif

prodonkey
03-26-2007, 10:07 AM
Well I wasn't really sure what do to on the turn/river so I posted all the action.. I didn't want to scare him out if I check raised.. but he seemed to like his hand pretty well. I mean obviously I'm getting stacked if he has 88,kk,jj here.. I just wanted to make sure all the $ went in. I guess crai on turn isn't looking too bad after he makes a full pot bet leaving himself with 34$, I think he folds JJ/QQ there, but I'm prolly not getting any more value out of them anyway.. and he's going to still call with AK/AA.