PDA

View Full Version : AT 50nl bet sizing

prodonkey
03-26-2007, 09:08 AM
Obviously on the flop I have the best hand and this is my standard c-bet size. My questions are on the latter streets.. should I be betting more on the turn in case he has a flush draw.. and less on the river to price in a weak ace if that's what he had instead of flush draw? Against most donkeys you can pot the turn and still get a flush draw to call. Does a weak ace fold to that river bet? If he's gone that far I'm not so sure. I'm thinking more along the lines of near a full pot bet on the turn which would make the pot something like 40$ then a $15 bet on the river??

Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter (http://www.learnhowtoplaypokerfree.com/convert/convert.cgi) Courtesy of PokerZion.com (http://PokerZion.com)

CO ($61.95)
Hero ($66.90)
SB ($62.45)
BB ($16.05)
UTG ($33.45)
MP ($47.75)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls $2.

Flop: ($5.75) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4.25</font>, UTG calls $4.25.

Turn: ($14.25) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $9.25</font>, UTG calls $9.25.

River: ($32.75) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $21.5</font>, UTG folds.

Final Pot: $54.25

zboy
03-26-2007, 09:55 AM
You don't obviously have the best hand on the flop. You likely have the best hand. Some people would call with 77 here.

I think your preflop raise is a little high. I think you played if fine from there, except river. At this point, it is even more likely you have best hand. betting $21.5 is too much. I'd consider check/raising or betting a smaller amount to value bet. How much does he have behind? About $15? I might bet $5 or something.

prodonkey
03-26-2007, 10:00 AM
Preflop raise is standard.. how am I going to check raise when I have position? Look at stacks and see how much he has behind.. I'm going to be a good boy and resist any flaming urges I have.

zboy
03-26-2007, 10:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
how am I going to check raise when I have position?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you just haven't learned all you need to know about holdem yet. Just kidding. My bad. looked at it wrong. I'd still consider value bet.

Also, I'm a believer in 3x to 4x BB preflop raise. Any more than that is a little high IMO

kitaristi0
03-26-2007, 10:14 AM
I bet $5 on the flop, $12 on the turn and the rest on the river.

prodonkey
03-26-2007, 10:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how am I going to check raise when I have position?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you just haven't learned all you need to know about holdem yet. Just kidding. My bad. looked at it wrong. I'd still consider value bet.

Also, I'm a believer in 3x to 4x BB preflop raise. Any more than that is a little high IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

So if 4 people limp you're still gonna make it 1.50? 4bb+1 per limper is pretty standard.

matrix
03-26-2007, 10:24 AM
preflop - standard.

flop - I'd pot this flop as it's a wet board. My standard CBet is 2/3 dry flops full pot on wet flops - I find that I have about the same folding equity both times and the times they have a draw they'll call full pot anyway if they are calling at all.

Which makes the turn bet (standard as played) a little larger cos the pots bigger so you get more value.

You're very unlikely to get 3 streets of value from much that you beat - AK AQ AJ might call - so a value bet is in order - I think the times he has AJ+ (and a full stack) your VB would be thin and would make it $30 or thereabouts on the river. (assuming full stacks)

as played river is standard I think - if you just nudge the flop bet up a little and then 2/3 the turn you net an extra 4-5BB everytime you take this line vs a passive calling station draw chasing type villain.

Against some you can pot/pot and they'll call with weak Aces and draws and by the time the river misses they have so much of their stack in they call the river with hands they'd fold if they still had a half decent stack left...

prodonkey
03-26-2007, 10:26 AM
Ya I haven't been adjusting my sizing for board texture.. just too easy to click the right button and hit bet.

zboy
03-26-2007, 10:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So if 4 people limp you're still gonna make it 1.50? 4bb+1 per limper is pretty standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. But only one person limped in your example. $2 seems a better bet to me. I know 3x or 4x BB +1 per limper is standard, But if four limpers are ahead, making it $4 to go on the flop seems a little much, so I think the formula is a rough idea of what to do, not exact science. Personally, I bet 4x BB to start, and I'd keep it 4X BB if one limper is ahead. If there were two limpers, then I'd bet $2.50. Four limpers, I might bet $3. But I probably wouldn't bet more than $3 or $3.50 even if 7 people limped ahead.

It's just the way I do things, it may be wrong. Since everyone else thinks your preflop amount is fine (and I only thought it was 1BB too much, but basically fine) I won't belabor my argument.

Sir Winalot
03-26-2007, 11:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]

You're very unlikely to get 3 streets of value from much that you beat - AK AQ AJ might call - so a value bet is in order - I think the times he has AJ+ (and a full stack) your VB would be thin and would make it $30 or thereabouts on the river. (assuming full stacks)

[/ QUOTE ]
I think matrix talks business. But I don't quite agree on this one, imo we're stacking AK-AJ,A7,A2 like always.

bozzer
03-26-2007, 12:34 PM
when i'm on the river with a shorty and i'm looking to extract, i tend to just set them all in. doesn't a smaller bet e.g. $10 here look too strong?

if a reasonable bet is more than half their remaining stack, or leaves them with a really unplayable amount, i think pushing is relatively more likely to get called than a smaller bet.

thoughts?

Doug Funnie II
03-26-2007, 01:08 PM
River I take a little time and go 15 because a missed draw makes up most of his range and by stalling a bit and betting half pot you may get looked up by a king.