PDA

View Full Version : NL10: KK, Ace flops

molotom
03-26-2007, 08:39 AM
Do you bet the turn here, or check again and make a small value-bet on the river? I didn't bet flop because I think it's WA/WB, especially since people just love their Ax at this level.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($13.05)
Hero ($11.70)
UTG ($9.80)
MP ($7.85)
CO ($6.90)
Button ($5.85)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.6</font>, UTG calls $0.50, CO folds.

Flop: ($1.35) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks.

Turn: ($1.35) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.7</font>, UTG folds.

Final Pot: $2.05

lemming
03-26-2007, 08:43 AM
Bet the flop imo...

Headsup on that lvl, people play Q10 and love it! So just make your c-bet and if he calls, put no more money in the pot, even if he's only on the flushdraw...

I would c-bet the flop headsup, but if there's no flushdraw, you can also bet turn, fine as played I guess...

The problem is just: If you don't c-bet and he makes a bet on the flop, maybe with a draw, do you insta-fold? That's where you lack Fold Equity /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thumbs up for C-bet imo /images/graemlins/smile.gif

molotom
03-26-2007, 08:48 AM
The problem with the c-bet though, is that he only folds worse hands. If there were more draws out I'd consider it, because people love to chase their gutshots to the river.

lemming
03-26-2007, 08:49 AM
sure he only folds worse hands, he calls with an Ace, or, if there are lots of draws, with a draw...

but that's the point about c-betting, isn't it? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ama0330
03-26-2007, 09:20 AM
You cant go three streets here so I check the flop. I like how you have played it here.

Loc0Loc0
03-26-2007, 09:36 AM
I think you should bet the flop here.

He could have an ace easily en will raise when he has a decent one.
There are a lots of villain who call there PP here.
When you check the flop i will bet the flop if i were villain.

Bonesy
03-26-2007, 09:40 AM
Turn bet is fine, just make it more like $1.00. No reason to give him two free cards.

zboy
03-26-2007, 09:46 AM
Bet the flop. puhlease. Do you check at this level every time you think you have the best hand, or do you check every time you have a weakish hand? Because I'm not sure which is the worst strategy.

What if you had checked flop and he bet. How would you handle that?

Gustav
03-26-2007, 10:14 AM
I check call turn and usually river as well. No reason to bet.

molotom
03-26-2007, 10:21 AM
My reasoning for not betting the flop:

1. I cannot think of a better example of a bet that would only fold worse hands. Someone who limp-calls a 6x raise with ace-rag is not going to lay it down on this flop.

2. I don't get much value out of worse hands. Maybe QQ-99 will call a flop bet, but they're not giving any more action on the turn/river.

3. There are hardly any draws out there, and even if there is one I am unlikely to pay him off.

4. Pot control: I have a marginal hand with 2 outs. I want to keep the pot as small as possible.

---

I like the idea of check-calling the turn/river. After he checks the flop I am quite sure I have the best hand, and it is well-disguised. So hopefully he hits a pair on the turn/river or decides to bluff, and will bet out, thinking I don't have an ace either.

zboy
03-26-2007, 11:04 AM
You still haven't said what you would do if you checked flop and he bet it.

Sir Winalot
03-26-2007, 11:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You cant go three streets here so I check the flop. I like how you have played it here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly, the board is so drawless that you can get your monies from lower pairs etc on later streets. I don't think there's much reason to c-bet the flop because villains at this level love to call preflop raises with any Ax and usually won't fold it to any level of aggression.

I would also bet 3/4-pot on the turn and probably 1/2 to 2/3-pot on the river if villain calls on turn.

RollTide77
03-26-2007, 12:26 PM
I'm betting the flop. I want this hand over with. With no stats, he could have Ace rag just as easily as TT, JJ, QQ, KQ, etc. And even if you beat him you still don't want him drawing trips or something. Bet the flop and end the hand.

Vyse
03-26-2007, 12:26 PM
I always cbet this and am satisfied with taking it down

molotom
04-14-2007, 09:38 PM
I thought more about the c-bet here. My conclusions are:

- I am likely to c-bet this first to act. Sure it's WA/WB, but if I check and they bet, it puts me in a really difficult situation. If they call, I will proceed with extreme caution.
- If I am in position, and it is checked to me, now I am much less likely to c-bet: it's WA/WB but it's less likely they have the ace, and my hand is well-disguised. I can call a turn bet from them. If they check turn, I can check behind and then I am in good shape on the river to value-bet (would look like a steal to them) or get bluffed at.

What do you think?

DannyOcean_
04-14-2007, 09:48 PM
cbetting 101 - villian always puts you on AK. This is very general, but against standard opponents, HU, on an Ahigh board, I cbet 100 every single every time. always. they will fold the QK/22/KJ/9T/JT/33 so much it is crazy profitable. And with KK, they will call with draws, 2nd pair, etc. which is super cool.

pot control does not count cbets. One cbet is not inflating the pot, but slow down if called.