PDA

View Full Version : MPFD w/ heat on the flop...

PSW
03-26-2007, 01:09 AM
Is this standard? Do you bet into the PFRer sometimes too? Note stack sizes...

OK, so the PF call is too loose... but the rest?

UTG is 35/24 over 37 hands
UTG+1 is unknown.

Absolute Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $103.45
UTG+1: $54
CO: $70.60
Button: $52.90
SB: $115.50
Hero: $101.85

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $2</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($8.25, 4 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $2.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $10</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $99.85</font>

I thought the UTG bet looked weak and that UTG+1 would have seen it as such. Is this a good thought process here?

psw

arsenal905
03-26-2007, 03:42 AM
yikes. huge overbet. I think you can raise to 35 here, or even just call.

Jouster777
03-26-2007, 10:51 AM
9-11 outs and willing to put in 200BB's?...this is terrible.

Sure you have decent fold equity with the overbet but someone has a set here enough to wipe out all your EV. With calling I'm worried about UTG's weak lead indicating a higher FD and since he is a maniac he can have anything. I probably just call and if the flush hits on the turn I probably check to see if UTG wakes up. Implied odds here are crappy so a fold is fine too. Raising this less than AI sets us up to have to call a RRAI by sets so I don't like that either.

The rest of the discussion board usually disagrees with me on these types of hands so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about...take that into account.

PSW
03-26-2007, 10:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yikes. huge overbet. I think you can raise to 35 here, or even just call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I put UTG on something a K could beat. I put UTG+1 on AK, AK, 88 or 22. Against this range, I thought I had pretty good fold equity + the better hand that with the overlay the pot was already offering, it seemed like a good move. What happens if I make it 35? If they both call and the turn blanks then I am in trouble. Talk to me more about the advantages of the raise to 35.

I guess one thing it does answer, if the UTG moves in then his chances of KK go way up... Even then, if UTG+1 folds, its 153 in the pot and I only need 65 to call... I'm coming in...

psw