PDA

View Full Version : stack off to short here with TP? turn decision

allaboutmyfetti
03-25-2007, 06:12 PM
no reads on villian, he just sat down.

Full Tilt Poker
$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
CO: $55.25
Hero (BTN): $50
SB: $48
BB: $32.15
UTG: $135.95
MP: $71.70

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($0.75, 6 players)
UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, SB folds, BB calls $1.50

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif ($4.25, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $6</font>, Hero calls $3

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif [6/images/graemlins/heart.gif] ($16.25, 2 players)
<font color="red">BB bets $9.50</font>, Hero ??

If i call a bet im pretty much commited to the river ...

allaboutmyfetti
03-25-2007, 09:12 PM
afternoon bump

DannyOcean_
03-25-2007, 09:56 PM
This is tough, bc he's not that short. I think this is marginal, but I fold. Minraise on the flop and leading the turn is serious business for an unknown. But, I also think there are certain villian types where we should be insta-getting it in. Truthfully, I'd like to hear what other people think here.

03-25-2007, 10:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is tough, bc he's not that short. I think this is marginal, but I fold. Minraise on the flop and leading the turn is serious business for an unknown. But, I also think there are certain villian types where we should be insta-getting it in. Truthfully, I'd like to hear what other people think here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain buys in short (what looks like the last bit of change in his account) and plays on his first hand at the table and you want to fold because he minraised? Gross. When I hit that board with AJ against this guy, my money's going in. It's just a question of how. I see a lot of people like this make this sort of bluff w/ whatever two cards they first pick up, so I call the turn and let him bluff the river. If he checks on a nonKQ river, I'll just put him in for value on a J.

goat_beard
03-25-2007, 10:02 PM
I fold here against unknown.

allaboutmyfetti
03-26-2007, 03:51 PM
bump one more time n then i'll let this die.

tiger_hall
03-26-2007, 03:54 PM
i dont rele like the call on the flop when he min raises you... after doing this he takes play away from you and is going to fire on the turn... i wud hav to lay it down here as i think that he is strong but i cudnt tell you how strong due to him taking play away...