PDA

View Full Version : $50 Pair + FD

avfletch
03-25-2007, 04:23 PM
Button is a tight 12/10 player but very aggro over the 100+ hands I have on him. I've seen him b3b big draws and so on. Definitely not an average fish type.

SB is a 25/20 aggro monkey over 50 hands. I don't remember specifics though. The stats are from a previous session. i just remember him playing quite a few pots and betting too much.

I figure the preflop call isn't great but isn't terrible, thoughts?

Once the flop hit though I really wasn't sure what line to take. I'll let people comment before posting any more of the hand.

Full Tilt Poker
$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
Hero (BB): $91.25
UTG: $38.20
MP: $67.40
CO: $90.75
BTN: $50
SB: $53.55

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($0.75, 6 players)
UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $2</font>, SB calls $1.75, Hero calls $1.50

<font color="black">Flop:</font> A/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($6, 3 players)
SB checks, Hero ?

Jouster777
03-25-2007, 05:17 PM
Even with SB calling I don't like the preflop call. You are OOP to the aggro raiser with a weak drawing hand. Even with a flop this good we are still pretty tenuous here.

That flop hit villain's range pretty hard so FE is likely to be low against 2 others. If he has a PP&lt;99 there's a decent chance he'll check against 2 others. I just c/c here and hope SB comes along too.

Genz
03-25-2007, 05:24 PM
Donking will result in a raise. And you certainly don't want that. I c/c here.

the machine
03-25-2007, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Donking will result in a raise. And you certainly don't want that. I c/c here.

[/ QUOTE ]

umm i dont see the problem with a raise here if we donk the flop. we can come over the top yet again and play for stacks. worst case scenario is he has a set or 2pair, set we have 9 outs and 2 pair we have 12. against an aggro button raiser its likely we have the best hand or at least have 15 outs to improve. most peopple raise donk bets so i think betting and 3b shove is a good play here

fees
03-25-2007, 05:50 PM
its unlikely that he has AK, but if he does he prob will slowplay, which is good. We have a mega combo draw here, I would probably c/r here and take the play away from my opponents, if u hit ur spade you have two roads, big pot bet looking like ur trying pus the fd out, or checking scared of the flush. depends, your call

03-25-2007, 07:13 PM
I lead the flop and probably shove to a reraise. Also I fold this preflop.

KJT
03-25-2007, 08:06 PM
Fold pre-flop if you trust your read on the button.

avfletch
03-26-2007, 09:53 AM
For what it's worth I like leading out looking to shove best but at the time I checked, button bet $5, SB folded.

Hero?