PDA

View Full Version : NL50 AJo | Can somebody put this guy on a hand?

Redd
03-25-2007, 03:37 PM
Party 50NL. Effective stacks 100BB.

Villain is like 22/15/2.5 over <100.

Hero has A/images/graemlins/club.gifJ/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Fold, I raise $2, fold, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif3/images/graemlins/spade.gif
He checks, I bet $3.5, He raises to $10, I call.

Turn 2/images/graemlins/club.gif
He bets 12 (~1/2 pot).

1) What's his range here,
2) What's my play?

creamfillin
03-25-2007, 03:40 PM
People love bluffing on paired flops, I would call down and let him bluff into me. If he has a 3, well then that just sucks.

thac
03-25-2007, 03:42 PM
If he has 43, that's such a cooler. I think his range here is KJ-JT, any pair and maybe a 43/32 type hand. I would just call down and probably just call the river, although maybe raising if its a 9 or lower card.

Paul Thomson
03-25-2007, 03:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
People love bluffing on paired flops, I would call down and let him bluff into me. If he has a 3, well then that just sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

i like this.

Redd
03-25-2007, 03:55 PM
The only thing about KJ-TJ, though - isn't that a really stupid way for a random TAG to play the hand? I'm usually fairly opposed to the 'what better hands call, what worse hands fold' mentality, but if there's ever a time for him to do it, this would be it.

thac
03-25-2007, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The only thing about KJ-TJ, though - isn't that a really stupid way for a random TAG to play the hand? I'm usually fairly opposed to the 'what better hands call, what worse hands fold' mentality, but if there's ever a time for him to do it, this would be it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at it through his eyes, he has a J, the lower card is paired and you probably have overcars or an underpair. He's gonna raise to get you off of these hands. Mostly a protection raise.

Paul Thomson
03-25-2007, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what are you putting him on A3?

Redd
03-25-2007, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what are you putting him on A3?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't really sure what to put him on. I know he has about my stats and I'd usually be c/c, c/c, c/fing with a weaker jack.

Redd
03-25-2007, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at it through his eyes, he has a J, the lower card is paired and you probably have overcars or an underpair. He's gonna raise to get you off of these hands. Mostly a protection raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I guess a protection raise makes sense. Maybe I'm giving him too much credit.

Anyways, hero calls $12.

River is 9 of somethings. Villain checks. Pot is something like $45. Can Hero BV this, and for how much?

Angrymoog
03-25-2007, 04:07 PM
You cant call the flop raise and then fold to his turn bet. This could put you in a tough river spot with a big pot and top pair, but if the river card is not a dangerous card, call him down for value. I estimate his range to be mostly worse jacks, and only the extreme top containing an overpair or a 3.

thac
03-25-2007, 04:08 PM
I think betting this river is okay but it's pretty thin. If you bet, you can't fold to a raise and you have showdown value. You can probably bet something like $12 and get him to call it or maybe bluff-raise but I think if you bet, you have to call the c/r. So either check behind or make a smallish bet that he may call with lesser hands.

Genz
03-25-2007, 04:17 PM
I think he can have any PP and weaker Js.
I check behind on the river. A bet is very thin.