PDA

View Full Version : NL 10 KQs from the BB

CaptVimes
03-25-2007, 09:35 AM
I've been playing 6 max to help with the overall aggression of my game (Mostly play FR) and also because morning FR games stink at UB. Villain was a perpetual blind stealer. In fact he had raised every hand play from the cutoff or button that was folded to him but he wasn't an idiot. I had reraised a couple times and he folded once, and folded to a cbet once.

Comments on all streets.

Thanks,

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.10 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($8.91)
Button ($13.34)
SB ($4.94)
Hero ($9.84)
UTG ($1.79)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $0.35</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.25.

Flop: ($0.75) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $1</font>, Hero calls $0.50.

Turn: ($2.75) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $1.5</font>, Hero?

jkkkk
03-25-2007, 10:36 AM
reraise pf, as played I'd fold to the minraise.

ama0330
03-25-2007, 10:44 AM
You can reraise preflop but its not necessary if you dont want to. Its good because your hand is pretty strong and buttons range is wide, but its bad because youll be out of position the rest of the hand. Still, if you reraise from the blinds often youll get the message out that your blinds are not free money.

Theres no reason to lead the flop here, you are going to get raised by better hands a lot and the ace is a big part of his range. Any hand that calls you on the flop is probably going to be better than yours and you are out of position.

I would check call this flop and check fold the turn. Ideally, he would check behind the turn or we would catch a card to improve. But this is not a great spot, you shouldnt be looking to bet this hand for value.

As played, im not sure I can really fold to the minraise on the flop, but im looking to improve my hand before I show down. I would definietly fold the turn, its almost certain that he has the ace.

jkkkk
03-25-2007, 11:03 AM
horrible advice

c/c c/f is just terrible, also for pf, calling isn't awful, but it is definitely inferior to reraising, OP needs to be punishing villains range here and restealing a good amount.

I like the flop lead, it punishes a very large part of villains non A-range whilst also helping OP define villains hand.

c/c is ok when you know villain is very overly aggressive on all streets with air, draws and the goods, planning to fold on the turn without having gained any real information is just bad though.

ama0330
03-25-2007, 12:11 PM
I think you have misread the stakes. This is 10nl, not 1000nl.

[ QUOTE ]
also for pf, calling isn't awful, but it is definitely inferior to reraising, OP needs to be punishing villains range here and restealing a good amount.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is totally ludicrous, restealing at 10nl is just about the worst thing you could possibly want to do. Players at this level are nowhere near good enough to care about your resteal frequency nor will they fold often enough to make it a profitable play. All that restealing does here is inflates the pot with a hand which plays horribly against a near infinite range out of position in a re-raised pot. The notion of "punishing villains range" is completely irrelevant at these stakes. I advocated a call here because to hit a strong draw or a King would almost certainly yeild a higher value return versus this type of player than scooping his pfr would. Also as I said before players at this level are more than prone to call the re-raise which gives rise to what I said above.

[ QUOTE ]

c/c c/f is just terrible

I like the flop lead, it punishes a very large part of villains non A-range whilst also helping OP define villains hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

This again is incorrect as villain simply calls or raises hands which are ahead and folds hands which we beat. Again given that we are OOP we are just bloating the pot and I dont know what you mean by defining villains hand, because leading here accomplishes nothing more in this regard than would a c/c, as our hand is not good enough to go three streets anyway??

[ QUOTE ]
c/c is ok when you know villain is very overly aggressive on all streets with air, draws and the goods, planning to fold on the turn without having gained any real information is just bad though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Planning to fold the turn UI is fine IMO as given that villain has now pretty well defined his hand, we can be pretty sure that if we improve to two pair or peel a backdoor draw we are going to get paid. Given that villain has minraised in what is still a small pot with lots of money behind, our implied odds are excellent.

Mal_Pais
03-25-2007, 12:14 PM
OP, I like your line in this hand. Now fold the turn. Nice hand.

jkkkk
03-25-2007, 12:21 PM
wow... sorta mind boggling post, all I can say is I completely disagree, wouldn't know where to start, wow.

ama0330
03-25-2007, 12:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
wow... sorta mind boggling post, all I can say is I completely disagree, wouldn't know where to start, wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

......??

jkkkk
03-25-2007, 12:41 PM
uhhhm

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 63.400% 62.41% 00.99% 1309061790 20807571.00 { KcQc }
Hand 1: 36.600% 35.61% 00.99% 746895468 20807571.00 { random }

Board: Ac Kd Th
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 82.489% 80.28% 02.21% 859136 23650.00 { KcQc }
Hand 1: 17.511% 15.30% 02.21% 163754 23650.00 { random }

this is the simplest way I can put it and no, saying villain doesn't have a random hand isn't going to save your argument.

ama0330
03-25-2007, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
saying villain doesn't have a random hand isn't going to save your argument.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

Angrymoog
03-25-2007, 04:49 PM
I don't think a flop lead is really appropriate here. There is no value in it and you typically will be behind if youre called or raised. I think a c/c on the flop and a reevaluation on the turn is more correct. And the turn is between leading for value or c/c again. re-evaluate river.

munkey
03-25-2007, 04:59 PM
If he's stealing 3bet preflop to put him in his place -you have a good hand for this as long as u tread carefuly with TP hands.

Calling preflop and leading is ok but has less strength than a 3bet and lead.

As played fold to the minraise any Ax beats you, theres alot broadway 1card draws/2pairs out there.

RIO yo (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&amp;Board=microplnl&amp;Number=8121403&amp; Searchpage=1&amp;Main=8121403&amp;Words=Concept+EMcWilliam s&amp;topic=&amp;Search=true#Post8121403)

CaptVimes
03-25-2007, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the advice. I think best plan here would be to re-raise PF. I got lost on the flop which is why I donked. I called the mini raise because it smelled weak. I folded to the turn bet and he showed 9To. KQ has always been an awkward hand for me and it really bites playing out of position.

03-25-2007, 06:55 PM
If you have seen him abusing the button and cutoff then

reraise &gt; folding &gt; calling