PDA

View Full Version : 88 flops overpair but gets donked into 3-way

Fiksdal
03-25-2007, 07:56 AM
Full Tilt Poker
$0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
MP: $8.10
CO: $15.65
BTN: $20
SB: $13.45
BB: $9.3
Hero (UTG): $9.90

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($0.15, 6 players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $0.40</font>, MP folds, CO folds, BTN folds, SB calls $0.35, BB calls $0.30

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6http://legopoker.com/hh/images/diamond.gif ($1.2, 3 players)
<font color="red">SB bets $1.20</font>, BB folds, Hero?

Sneds9
03-25-2007, 07:58 AM
You have position here, an overpair and straight outs. I would probably call here and have a look what happens on the turn. There is quite a bit that is beating you although, we see a pair with straight outs a lot.

Genz
03-25-2007, 08:32 AM
I think I raise to $4.5 here because I think I have the best hand, I want him to shut down, I don't mind ending the hand and I can fold with a clean conscience to a reraise/push. I don't want to call and grow a pot and consider making a move on the turn which will cost me a lot more money, because my situation probably isn't going to improve. So if he is donking because the board came all small cards and looks scary to AK which he probably puts you on because you raised preflop, I want to put him in his place.

munkey
03-25-2007, 08:45 AM
I call here as SB has shown aggression -if we raise he'll likely 3bet us or may call and lead turn.

We're likely RIO here and I'm folding the turn alot of the time though an 8 on the turn makes this hand really interesting.

Reads on SB would swing this to a raise for me, if the board was less str8y I would raise.

Genz
03-25-2007, 08:53 AM
Hm. You can't flat call here and hope to improve on the turn or pray that he shuts down. I don't know why he is likely to 3bet us with a worse hand here often. We don't know anything about villain. And if he is on a draw, he will probably only lead the turn very small to price himself in which is good for our RIO, since we have a good idea of his hand then and can make a good play on the river.

I hate throwing out $1.2 here without much chance to improve and knowing that we will fold the turn the vast majority of the time.