PDA

View Full Version : Tough 3bet spot w/ TP

jumbojacks
03-25-2007, 01:38 AM
CO is 50/20/3 and terrible postflop with deep stacks. He often fires too many large bets with subpar holdings. I played this hand with him only an orbit ago and this is the first time I 3bet him light (note the action):

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) internettexasholdem.com (http://www.internettexasholdem.com)

Hero ($74.10)
UTG ($69.10)
MP ($13.50)
CO ($135.25)
Button ($39.45)
SB ($62.45)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7.5</font>, CO calls $5.50.

Flop: ($15.25) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, CO calls $10.

Turn: ($35.25) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $50</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $56.6</font>, CO calls $6.60.

River: ($148.45) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $148.45

He flips over A/images/graemlins/club.gif6/images/graemlins/club.gif. If he was a thinking player, he should have known that before I 3bet light I'm not double barreling this board without at least AKo or better against a loose player like him.

My hand:

I don't think he's drawing here ever. He would likely have called my turn bet since he's much more passive w/ draws. I think calling the turn here probably increases the likelihood I should call his bet, but then he did take the same line as before with a bluff against me.

I opted to fire out on the flop since I had poor relative position against MP. I'm not sure how CO plays his big hands. I doubt he's a thinking player, but he has balls.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) internettexasholdem.com (http://www.internettexasholdem.com)

Hero ($144.95)
UTG ($68.35)
MP ($11.45)
CO ($59.30)
Button ($45.50)
SB ($60.20)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $1.5</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $1, MP calls $1.

Flop: ($4.75) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3.5</font>, MP folds, CO calls $3.50.

Turn: ($11.75) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $20</font>, Hero calls $10.

River: ($51.75) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $34.3 (All-In)</font>, Hero...

Since his range is so wide and he's turned hands that have some showdown value into bluffs, I'm not sure what kind of hands to put him on.

prodonkey
03-25-2007, 02:02 AM
I get hungry every time I read one of your threads.

Hand 1 is pretty sexy.

well 0 draws got there.. unless he was tarding around with 88. I'm usually going to call here if I felt my hand was best on the turn.. the river changed nothing, and he's a spewing bluff monkey. I'm not really loving trying to play such a big pot oop with KJ there though.

Curtrosity
03-25-2007, 02:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not really loving trying to play such a big pot oop with KJ there though.

[/ QUOTE ]

for this reason i kind of like a flop check with the intention of pretty much never folding vs villain.

jumbojacks
03-25-2007, 03:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I get hungry every time I read one of your threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, I'm eating one now.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I never really intended on playing a big pot, but by usually the flop and turn I'm ahead of a ton of hands. I know the river didn't really change anything, but I never really planned on going this far. I guess that's what I get for playing KJs OOP but I understood that it's expected, but a majority of the time I'm taking down a small-medium sized pot against him because he's so loose.

jumbojacks
03-25-2007, 03:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

for this reason i kind of like a flop check with the intention of pretty much never folding vs villain.

[/ QUOTE ]

MP is pretty loose, and I'm not sure if I clarified that. Would you prefer a check-call =&gt; lead turn? What if MP comes along?

Paul Thomson
03-25-2007, 04:11 AM
i don't love the donk bet on the flop, although it's not terrible.

the turn bet it very very thin. calling the raise is also.

i like playing this more passive but it's still a difficult hand...(i was going ot end myc omments here but maybe ishoudl explain better.)

flop: you have bad relative psotion. so leading out isn't bad, but when you get called you don't know if the villain ahs a flush draw, straight draw of better hand!!

TUrn: once agsin. you don't know where you'e at but betting and folding to a raise is ok. check calling or check folding isn't probably terrible but probably not optimal.

since the viliain miniraise he put you in a tihgt spot bur folding is probalby best since you could be way beind ALOT of made hands.

Sneds9
03-25-2007, 08:06 AM
On hand 2: the river changes nothing. You either have to fold the turn or call the river IMO. I think he is pushing there regardless of what comes out.

You're either beat on the flop/turn or he is bluffing.

munkey
03-25-2007, 08:39 AM
hand 1: I think sexy too postflop, though I don't like 3betting those kind of players with k9s OOP - recently vs unkowns I 3bet them with a premium to gauge their reaction and how they play 3bet pots in general -obv if someone else 3bets them first I don't need to do this then I can open my range.

Hand 2:
I donk flop, then check- then call/fold turn again- I'm not sure what he has - you're ahead small PPs/ KT- and fdraws and a4x and combos have alot outs vs you.

I actually somewhat liked betting the turn @ first but when the turn pairs I think you have to slowdown somewhat. bad villans like to float with bottom pair/ get crazy with 2pair crap kicker even though AK on the flop stil beats their KT and better passive players won't call PSB turn with a fdraw on paired board.

As played I'm folding to the turn minraise.