PDA

View Full Version : (25NL) JJ against pfr deep

CardMinger
03-25-2007, 01:04 AM
I don't remember crazy about villain in this hand.

I'm not sure where I went wrong on this hand (if at all).

Let me know how you guys think I could improve my line here.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?935144

Thanks,
CM

prodonkey
03-25-2007, 01:14 AM
Turn raise usually signifies that one pair isn't good.

I'd bet about 6 on the flop.. and about 12-14 on the turn.. you don't have to bet as much in pots that are reraised preflop since you can still get your stacks in if you choose to, but you're not pricing yourself into losing calls every time either.

hoyasaxa
03-25-2007, 02:37 AM
a check call on the flop and a check raise when a deuce comes off on the turn in a reraised pot...

what more do you need to to tell you he flopped a monster?
i like the bets, but the fold should be pretty easy.

ShipitFMA
03-25-2007, 02:46 AM
Baluga theorom says fold here.

Btw this is 50nl and you are not deep

CardMinger
03-25-2007, 04:53 AM
Your right...most of my play today was $25NL so I guess I just assumed this was too when I was looking through PT.

Thanks for the advice guys,
CM

Jouster777
03-25-2007, 06:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Baluga theorom says fold here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hero is getting ~4:1 pot odds for the turn call. Like all theorems the Baluga poker "theorem" is not an absolute. I agree with everyone that Hero is way behind the range here but will he still win >20% of the time is the real question.

I think its still a fold and a lot easier if we bet less as prodonkey mentioned. Its pretty close though and we shouldn't use any theorem as an automatic play indicator.

kayfish77
03-25-2007, 06:12 AM
am i the only person that wants to check the turn? i assume u dont 3bet like a maniac so he has to have u on JJ+, AQs+, AKo, and hes telling u with the flop call hes ok with that. Theres no draws and we have position. Honestly what cards dont we want to see? I assume if hes semi competent hes going to 4bet ak rather than play oop so really what are we fearing? theres no way he called with an underpair to the board. as played that turns an instant fold. I can't think of a single worse hand that's calling you down here for stacks.