PDA

View Full Version : $.25NL : How would you define my style here?

AKQJ
03-25-2007, 12:25 AM
I honestly don't know how I should define my style? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

TAG / LAG / maniac / nitty / fish / maniac / over-aggro / rock / solid / crazy / donk / whatever else.... I'm quite lost

So I came up with some sample hands to let you guys see
All comments would be appreciated! Many thanks

__________________________________________________ __

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed)

Hero ($28.80)
BB ($45.55)
UTG ($4.80)
MP ($12.55)
CO ($5.95)
Button ($19.85)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.75</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.50, Button calls $0.50.

Flop: ($2.50) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $0.25</font>, Button calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, MP calls $1.75, Button folds.

Turn: ($6.75) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, MP calls $9.80 (All-In).

River: ($26.55) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

MP has 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif

PartyPoker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed)

Hero ($48.55)
BB ($98.14)
UTG ($25)
MP ($40.45)
SB ($25.20)

Preflop: Hero is the Button A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG folds, MP folds, Hero calls $ 0.25, SB calls $ 0.15, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises $ 1.25, Hero raises $ 4.75,</font> SB folds, BB calls $ 3.50

Flop: ($10.25) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, BB calls $10

Turn: ($30.25)T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($30.25) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

BB shows 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed)

Button ($6.45)
SB ($15)
BB ($18.90)
UTG ($15.10)
Hero ($25)
CO ($15.50)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $0.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $1.5</font>, Hero calls $0.50.

Flop: ($3.35) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $15</font>, UTG calls $13.60 (All-In).

Turn: ($31.95) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($31.95) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

UTG has K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Kevin1
03-25-2007, 12:35 AM
its kind of hard to tell what kind of a player you are from only three hands. but i can definitely tell you that the villains in these three hands are fish. if i could give you any advice it would be to bet smaller amounts, $15 into a $3 pot is kind of maniacal, same with the first hand

calmB4storm
03-25-2007, 12:38 AM
Hand 1: Raise more preflop, at least $1.25. I'm also not a fan of the check-raise, I'd personally just bet out and shut down to any resistance.

Hand 2: I'm not sure what this check-raise accomplishes preflop, I'd just raise to $1.00 right away. I like the flop c-bet and then checking down.

Hand 3: Again raise more preflop, somewhere around $2.00 I'd say. Your massive overbet on the flop worked this time, but I'd say it's better to make a pot-sized bet and stack him on the turn.

So overall you seem a little weak preflop and maniacal postflop.

AKQJ
03-25-2007, 03:06 AM
Hmmm

Hand 1: I wasn't very confident to play this pair of nines out of position, so I just raised a little bit, just to take out the blinds. On the flop, first to act with 2 others people, I have prefered to check wisely to see what the other guys will do. I have recognized with their mini-bets that they were clearly in a draw (very transparent) and nobody got the Ten. At best, someone got a flush draw, so 9 outs. They can hit any spade on the turn or on the river in 35% of the case (which is not meaningless). If the turn doesnt bring a spade, the chance decreases to 20% to make it on the river (which is not that great). I had the best hand on the flop, so I wanted to protect my hand a little bit. I raise and MP cold-calls. Now I was 100% sure that the guy was a draw with his cold-call after his mini-bet. The turn card wasnt a spade, and as I said, he got now only 20% to catch his spade on the river. I am still favorite. I can move him all-in overbet with more confidence, offering him bad odds and protecting my hand at the same time. If I did a pot size bet, Im not sure he would call an additionnal $3 without a spade on the river.

Hand 2: BB and I were both the winning players at this table. We were both 3-Betting the other one a lot of time, especially when someone limped. BB was a big fan of the "x4BB + 1BB per limper" thing, so I was pretty sure that calling $0.25 will increase the size of his raise. Then I reraise him to $5, which is a fairly solid amount. The flop came, I didn't see him calling my raise with a small pocket pair (he was not that loosy), so no reason to be scared of a a set. As the preflop aggressor, I c-bet this flop massively with a pot size bet. I wanted him to believe that I had a pair of Kings or something like that. Actually, I wanted him also to fold. Unfortunately, he called. Now I was very scared myself(as he was also, probably!) so I checked it down because I thought he got a pair of Jacks or higher. I don't know.

Hand 3: UTG mini-raised, then mini-reraises me. When an UTG makes such move, I don't know for you guys, but I always put such UTG on a fairly strong premium hand KK-AK-AA (not QQ here because I got the QQ). Keeping that in mind, I have decided to call. No overcards on the flop, perfect. He checks the flop. I don't think someone will only mini-reraises preflop with a pair of aces. Plus, first to act, if he got KK on such board, he would have bet a solid amount of money, even more with AA. Therefore, if he got AK, I'm still favorite, but my pair of queens is vulnerable if any Ace or King comes after. He was some kind of gambler and saw me bluffing 1or2 times, so massive overbet to protect my hand, and I moved this short-stack all-in. He already lost half-buyin since he sat down on this table, I was sure that he couldnt fold his "burning card" here after so much frustration

But I don't always think like that. My conclusion on them were accurate because they were fish and pretty straight forward (I mean, without any tricky play whatsoever). I will not play like that with good/tricky players

ocdscale
03-25-2007, 03:25 AM
I'm not sure about your analysis of hand 3. It looks like you talked yourself into giving Villain the only hand (within the range you put him on) that you could beat.
If all these hands came from the same table (or if they really are representative of your playstyle) he could have checked knowing you'd cbet the flop with anything (see hand 2).

AKQJ
03-26-2007, 01:33 PM
All these hands came from different table.

In the hand 3, I was pretty sure that UTG was some kind of weaktight passive player ("I am a robot, I bet when I like my hand, I don't bet when I don't. Check raise? What is it?"). He was the preflop aggressor, but he checks the flop... Coming from a robotic weakpassive, it was definitively a mistake and he gave me too much infos on his hand. Enough to bet $15 lol

For the hand 3, yes I can cbet the flop with anything, but even if someone knows that I am capable of doing this, it is still an unusual cbet (40BB). It is still hard to know if :
1) I got a real hand
2) I'm Cbetting
3) I'm totally bluffing
Even if someone puts me on the case 2 or 3, you can't raise me without the nuts (or similar) because I showed already too much aggression preflop and postflop. If you do so with air, you are asking yourself for troubles (a raise over me would basically mean 1 buy-in). Plus, you are out of position. If I got really an hand, what would you do if I shove right after (very possible scenario when someone shows such aggression)? Are you willing to bet 1 buyin when you don't really know between 1), 2) or 3)? You can only call. If you call, it is statistically +EV for me with my AK.

Anyway, it is my point of view. Maybe I am wrong