PDA

View Full Version : AQ hand 50NL

allaboutmyfetti
03-24-2007, 03:58 PM
villian is a 17/13/2.2 after 187 hands

his c-bet% is 87 and went 2 sd is 28.

Comments on all streets .. it started out as a float but then a (thin?) value bet since his w2sd is so high. Since my play kinda looked floaty I figured lower PPs might look me up?

Full Tilt Poker
$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
UTG: $101.75
MP: $138.90
CO: $42.45
Hero (BTN): $52.70
SB: $49.25
BB: $57.15

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($0.75, 6 players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $2</font>, MP folds, CO calls $2, Hero calls $2, SB folds, BB folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($6.75, 3 players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $5</font>, CO folds, Hero calls $5

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif [4/images/graemlins/heart.gif] ($16.75, 2 players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $12</font>, UTG calls $12

<font color="black">River:</font> 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif [Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif] ($40.75, 2 players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $20</font> ....

matrix
03-24-2007, 07:34 PM
I'm not feeling the float here.

How did that 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif improve your hand exactly?

as played river bet is OK - you get looked up with KQ 99-JJ

WTSD takes forever to converge so don't put too much stock in those numbers after 200 hands - but he does look like a showdown muppet.

I'd guess he folded as you posted the hand /images/graemlins/smile.gif - I'd check behind on turn and plan on firing river if I improve or folding UI.

For floats to be sucessful you have to make villain believe you have a set/overpair. If I was villain here I'd have raised your turn bet if I had anykind of made hand more often than not as your line just stinks of "float" I think.

Better to fire a scary turn i.e. An A/K drops or a draw completes rather than an out an out brick imo. Unless you got a read that villain folds often to turn floats.

carnivalhobo
03-24-2007, 07:51 PM
the turn card doesnt have to help his hand to make a turn bet reasonable. I think you should go bigger on the river, i can see a tightish villain playing TT/JJ/99 like this and you are missing a lot of value from those hands with the small river bet.