PDA

View Full Version : $25- KK cryptonite with Axx flop BUT with a nut flush draw on the turn

K䲰䮥n
03-24-2007, 02:23 PM
Seat 5 is the button
Total number of players : 6
Seat 3: Rothmans77 ( $ 55.17 USD )
Seat 4: ivargjelsvik ( $ 7.89 USD )
Seat 6: stefan7900 ( $ 21.15 USD )
Seat 1: Hero ( $ 27.05 USD )
Seat 5: Fluke_man ( $ 31.44 USD )
Seat 2: ola3000 ( $ 24.45 USD )

stefan7900 posts small blind [$ 0.10 USD].
Hero posts big blind [$ 0.25 USD].

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ K/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
ola3000 folds
Rothmans77 folds
ivargjelsvik raises [$ 0.50 USD]
Fluke_man folds
stefan7900 calls [$ 0.40 USD]
Hero raises [$ 1.75 USD]
ivargjelsvik calls [$ 1.50 USD]
stefan7900 folds

** Dealing Flop ** [ 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
Hero checks
ivargjelsvik checks

** Dealing Turn ** [ 6/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
Hero fires a barrel? Is so, why?

noob_sauce
03-24-2007, 02:28 PM
hero fires a barrel on flop, because it is standard...

as played, hero fires barrel on turn because delayed cbets can be effective/he wants to make up for his flop mistake.

Reliant444
03-24-2007, 02:29 PM
You have no reason to protect anything and you have awesome showdow value. You might get a call from 99-QQ, but save it for the river IMO. C/C turn if he bets, if he checks I value bet the river.

Reliant444
03-24-2007, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

as played, hero fires barrel on turn because delayed cbets can be effective/he wants to make up for his flop mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol at betting this flop

K䲰䮥n
03-24-2007, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow this forum seems noisy...

noob_sauce
03-24-2007, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol at betting this flop

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, yeah I suck... (edit: no I don't, I stick with my cbet line until I receive a convincing argument otherwise... check=weak sauce)

HU i follow my pf aggression up with cbets 99% of the time... I don't see anything wrong with a cbet here. granted we are wa/wb here, but I personally don't mind taking it down here with a mid sized bet/tossing in the towel if we get action on the bet and don't get a club...

please let me know if/how my thinking is off here.

Reliant444
03-24-2007, 02:42 PM
you allow villain to play optimally...that is what is wrong

noob_sauce
03-24-2007, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow this forum seems noisy...

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf was that supposed to imply?

Drainbamaged
03-24-2007, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Elaborate, please.

Reliant444
03-24-2007, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Elaborate, please.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain most likely folds unless he has Ax, in which case we're drawing to nothing besides our set or a runner runner nut flush. Betting allows him to fold hands we're ahead of and call when we're dominated. Basically c-betting=bluff here. Let villain do the bluffing.

Drainbamaged
03-24-2007, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Elaborate, please.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain most likely folds unless he has Ax, in which case we're drawing to nothing besides our set or a runner runner nut flush. Betting allows him to fold hands we're ahead of and call when we're dominated. Basically c-betting=bluff here. Let villain do the bluffing.

[/ QUOTE ]

But we do charge a flush draw, right? (Thanks for the elaboration.)

Xanta
03-24-2007, 04:01 PM
Drain, suited cards in a reraised pot make up a very slim percentage of villains range, especially when the A/images/graemlins/club.gif is on the board and we hold the K/images/graemlins/club.gif. What could he have here that would play it like that preflop, J/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif?
The draw really doesn't concern us at all.

Also, betting the flop sucks as does the 'because it's standard' line of reasoning.

noob_sauce
03-24-2007, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Drain, suited cards in a reraised pot make up a very slim percentage of villains range, especially when the A/images/graemlins/club.gif is on the board and we hold the K/images/graemlins/club.gif. What could he have here that would play it like that preflop, J/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif?

Also, betting the flop sucks as does the 'because it's standard' line of reasoning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, thank you all for the elaboration... adjustment made /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Drainbamaged
03-24-2007, 08:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I actually missed the reraise. Thanks for the clarification, though! I need them; my name is not just a ploy.