PDA

View Full Version : Greener pastures?

townierailer
03-24-2007, 01:17 PM
This question has probably been asked a bajillion times, but I can't find the results I'm looking for. For the people who have experience with multiple sites, is there any difference between the level of play at unl hold 'em? I play on UB NL50 and the field is usually pretty bad, but not as bad as everyone's making NL50 seem to be.. TAGs and LAGs regularly compete with me for fish. I'm wondering if that's because of my (probably many) shortcomings as a player or whether other sites have more fish.

Thanks

noob_sauce
03-24-2007, 01:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
TAGs and LAGs regularly compete with me for fish. I'm wondering if that's because of my (probably many) shortcomings as a player

[/ QUOTE ]

Since switching over from LL, I was initially discouraged by PAHUD of most of my tables... a lot of players fell w/in the "TAG" range... however, many of these players are solid preflop and superdonks post flop, but have major weaknesses postflop...

It's been a few years since I've played on UB, but think you'd expect similar play at FT or PS... find these opponents weaknesses post flop, that's where the profit is.

Reliant444
03-24-2007, 01:35 PM
A 4-5PTBB/100 winrate is easily attainable at UB NL50. I think I've got around 18k hands of 4PT/100 this month.

How to do this???
1) Table select FFS, it's not hard
2) Exploit the idiotic regulars (they're there for a reason)
3) Play gooderer postflop than everyone else

townierailer
03-24-2007, 01:41 PM
Yep.. I've got a 2.3PTBB/100, but that's bumped up to about 4 over 20k hands if I take out one of the most atrocious bad beats I've ever seen (runner runner case cards, I love this game sometimes), for $200. But people on here regularly boast of 10PTBB.. do you think that's attainable at unl 50 at UB?

Stake Monster
03-24-2007, 01:42 PM
It does vary from site to site. It's too bad DR closed to US players because that site had the worse players i've ever seen, even up to 100NL/200NL.

UB players on general are better than the ones I've seen on FTP/DR and Party.

Reliant444
03-24-2007, 01:54 PM
10PT/100, no I don't feel that's very realistic over a significant sample.

I'm very happy running 4-5PT/100 and getting 80% rakeback through bonus/points-cash/rakeback