PDA

View Full Version : 10$ NL flush on dry board

goat_beard
03-24-2007, 12:38 PM
Full Tilt Poker
$0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
SB: $5.8
BB: $8.7
UTG: $10.20
MP: $10.95
CO: $13.65
Hero (BTN): $14.55

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($0.15, 6 players)
UTG folds, MP folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $0.30</font>, Hero calls $0.30, SB folds, BB calls $0.20

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($0.95, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="red">CO bets $0.70</font>, Hero calls $0.70, BB calls $0.70

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif [J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif] ($3.05, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="red">CO bets $3.05</font>, Hero calls $3.05, BB folds

<font color="black">River:</font> 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif [3/images/graemlins/heart.gif] ($9.15, 2 players)
<font color="red">CO bets $5</font>, Hero calls $5

<font color="black">Results:</font>
<font color="white"> CO had Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (a flush, King high) and won $17.25
Hero had 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (a flush, Jack high)
Final Pot: $17.25 ($1.90 rake)</font>

Sir Winalot
03-24-2007, 01:02 PM
Nice flop for you. I would usually raise the flop to 2.5-3 and try to get all-in with a draw this strong, but calling too is fine with position. If I raised the flop and CO just calls, I have the option of checking behind on turn if I miss my draw.

On the turn you got your money card and it's time to get the monies in. I doubt BB will overcall that big a bet unless he has a very strong hand, in which case he will call anyway so I think raising is the best option here. You have pretty much exactly a potsized raise behind so I think shoving over CO's bet is the way to go.

I don't mind calling and getting it in on the river that much either, but I think it's nice to get it in before the river brings a card that either kills your action or hand.

Edit. Don't post results and please shove river over villains bet.

goat_beard
03-24-2007, 01:05 PM
i was scared of higher flush, and was playing c/c the whole way. it worked out this time, but u reccomend raising all streets with boards like this?