PDA

View Full Version : KK 25 NL 150bb vs a reraise

prodonkey
03-24-2007, 06:45 AM
Villain is a 27/15/1.9 with a 5 flop agression and 10 turn agression

My initial range I put him on was JJ+ and MAYBE AK.. I was pretty much discounting AK though. QQ got there on the flop.. I don't think JJ would play like this, his check on the turn really confused me.. and I brought AK back into his range.

I could have done a lot of different things here.. 4 bet preflop.. and fold/call a shove. Check raise the flop.. check call river.. bet fold/call river. I believe this was the first time I saw him 3 bet anyone too. I'm not in love with my river bet.. I think it should have been in the neighborhood of 6-8 instead of 4.

Full Tilt Poker
$0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
MP: $46.20
CO: $29.75
BTN: $24.65
Hero (SB): $33.65
BB: $38.7
UTG: $22.15

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> K/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif ($0.35, 6 players)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.25, CO folds, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.10</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $3.55</font>, MP folds, Hero calls $2.45

<font color="black">Flop:</font> Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($7.35, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $5.90</font>, Hero calls $5.90

<font color="black">Turn:</font> Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif [3/images/graemlins/club.gif] ($19.15, 2 players)
Hero checks, BB checks

<font color="black">River:</font> Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif [2/images/graemlins/club.gif] ($19.15, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $4</font>, <font color="red">BB raises all in to $29.50</font>, Hero???

Jouster777
03-24-2007, 06:58 AM
You've so underrepresented your hand you have to call.

The river weak lead also induces.

prodonkey
03-24-2007, 07:02 AM
That was my first inclination and why I wanted to size my bet larger as soon as I bet it. I'm just trying to figure out what I'm going to get value from here.. he doesn't have AQ.. I Seriously doubt he has JJ at this point.. he doesn't have 33 or 77 or 22.. which leaves him with AK, AA or QQ.. I think QQ could definetly play this way.. checking the turn since he basically has the nuts, would AA or AK play this way? Like I said his turn agression was a 10.. so this was very out of character.

Jouster777
03-24-2007, 07:36 AM
I should read the action more carefully...tough spot. I think the hand that makes the most sense here is A/images/graemlins/spade.gifK/images/graemlins/spade.gif with other AK's being the only other hands you beat.

AA and QQ usually bet turn to protect but he has to think the chance of you having spades is low, esp. if he has the A/images/graemlins/spade.gif

On the river AQ/JJ probably just call. So you beat A/images/graemlins/spade.gifK/images/graemlins/spade.gif and maybe some AK or air bluffs and lose to AA/QQ. 3 combos of QQ and 6 combos of AA (discounted) vs. 1 combo of A/images/graemlins/spade.gifK/images/graemlins/spade.gif and 7 combos of AK (discounted) and 1 combo of air. We are getting almost 2:1 from the pot.

Very close...I probably still call but a fold is good too.

matrix
03-24-2007, 08:57 AM
he has QQ/AA.

Your goose is cooked I think.

push it in preflop.

If he has high turn aggro and then checks the turn - odds on he has a monster. I think he almost never shows up with AKss here - he'd have bet the turn hard with AKss I think.

Having said that getting ~3.5:1 with an underrepped hand - and a river line that might well have induced a bluff from an aggro monkey I think I call teh river.

It's close tho.