PDA

View Full Version : 25NL - AA get raised on the dry turn

pena
03-24-2007, 04:18 AM
Ultimate Bet
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10./$0.25.
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stacks:

Button with $24.65.
Hero - UTG with $45.77.

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($3.1, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2.5</font>, Button calls, BB folds.

Turn: 8/images/graemlins/club.gif ($8.1, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises all-in $21.15</font>, Hero?

I've entered the table couple of orbits ago. Don't know him very well yet to make any decent reads on him.

Board is dry and he flat calls on the flop and makes his move on the turn. Is this so called floating?
Is this typical Baluga situation and I should fold this?

Bork
03-24-2007, 04:30 AM
I think you are looking at 22,77, 88, 78, QQ, (also maybe Q7 and Q8 if the guy is ridiculously loose) too much here to call that push.

Your hand could well be good here, but I think 1-pair won't be good often enough after he pushes into your show of strength. Also I don't think there is significant floating going on at 25 nl, certainly not at stars where I play.

However I am a noob at NL.

Genz
03-24-2007, 05:05 AM
This looks like a typical baluga spot. The board is really dry. The rest is player dependant. I only call against an very aggressive opponent here. Someone I've seen make big bets with marginal holdings. Otherwise fold.