PDA

View Full Version : trap lag with middle pair

Aschweinsteiger
03-24-2007, 01:51 AM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (2 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($64)
BB ($50)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
Hero calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $2</font>, Hero calls $1.50.

Flop: ($4) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $2.5</font>, Hero calls $2.50.

Turn: ($9) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($9) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $14</font>, Hero calls $11.50.

Final Pot: $37

ive been playing this guy heads up for about 30 hands. Ive noticed that he is definitely a better player than about 85% of the typical 50nl players. Hes hyper aggressive and doesnt like to bluff the turn afte rhis cont bet is called.
My intentions on this hand were to float him on the flop and fire a bet of about 2/3pot size pot if he checked to me. He checked like i was hoping hed do, but i turned middle pair and decided to check it back to him and let him fire again on the river( was gonna call almost any river bet if not a diamond). To my suprise he checked the river, i figured he had given up on the hand. So instead of value betting my hand, i decided to put a bet out so small it would either get called out of curiosity, or he would decided to think im weak and put in a big raise. What do you think he had here? do you think my reasoning is right? Am i beat here most of the time vs a hyper agr player?

danicalifornia
03-24-2007, 09:08 AM
fold this hand preflop. its garbagae without position. If he is hyperaggressive your float is ok but I would definately bet this turn. If he has nothing you wont get any more money out of him anyways and if you dont bet you dont know where you stand. If you are raised on the turn you can safely throw your hand away. Your river bet looks like a blocking bet so you could have induced a bluff here. The problem is the only hand you beat yourself is a bluff so this play is actually really bad..