PDA

View Full Version : 50nl AK, value bet this river?

danny8
03-23-2007, 10:15 PM
villains unknown, I've been fairly active in the 2 orbits ive been there, raising and taking down a few pots with a cbet. nothing major though

Full Tilt Poker
$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
BB: $64.4
Hero (UTG): $50
MP: $35.85
CO: $37
BTN: $34.80
SB: $54.55

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> A/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($0.75, 6 players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, MP folds, CO folds, BTN calls $1.75, SB folds, BB folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif ($4.25, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3</font>, BTN calls $3

<font color="black">Turn:</font> A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif [6/images/graemlins/heart.gif] ($10.25, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $7</font>, BTN calls $7

<font color="black">River:</font> A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif [4/images/graemlins/heart.gif] ($24.25, 2 players)
Hero...

villain could easily have a lower Ace.. but obviously also could be a 9. unlikely hes drawing on that board.

whats my plan here?

turn/river comments appreciated!

thanks!

KEW
03-23-2007, 10:22 PM
Push AI..Villain has less then a PSB left...

thetruest
03-23-2007, 10:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Push AI..Villain has less then a PSB left...

[/ QUOTE ]

i Know villian is short and now playing for his stack is probably the play, but what is a PSB?

youthies
03-23-2007, 10:46 PM
pot-sized bet

Stake Monster
03-24-2007, 01:20 AM
I put him all in, odds are more likely he has a weaker ace than him holding a 9

the machine
03-24-2007, 04:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
odds are the same he has a weaker ace as him holding a 9

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

on hte hand i like checking the turn. its hard to get 3 streets of value of out bad aces unless the player is real bad. then i value bet the river. as played getting it AI is fine

danny8
03-24-2007, 10:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
odds are the same he has a weaker ace as him holding a 9

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

on hte hand i like checking the turn. its hard to get 3 streets of value of out bad aces unless the player is real bad. then i value bet the river. as played getting it AI is fine

[/ QUOTE ]

yea i htought about checking the turn.. tho i find at this level theres a good chance you can get 3 streets of value out of AQ and possibly AJ, so i tend to fire all streets with AK TPTK. But yea i think checking the turn is fine... sometimes i will

as for the hand i put him AI on the river and he called with A9... i did all the work for him! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

thanks for the replys!

hoyasaxa
03-24-2007, 10:12 AM
I think he has a 9 here more often than not. I think he would put in a little raise on the flop with an ace to see where he was. But on a board like that i would smooth call two street too if my opponent was betting into me. Moreso if i flop a boat.

I would probably check the turn, make a bet on the river and strongly consider folding to anything other than a minraise.