PDA

View Full Version : Limped pot, your BB garbage hits big... what do you do?

Kasane
03-23-2007, 03:52 PM
I've been having this problem lately. I'm hitting something big out of the blinds and I can't seem to extract anything. Bet out, C/r, nothing seems to work. I may just be running bad in that "even if I hit, they got nothing" kinda way... and that'd be fine. But I actually feel as if the game has changed. I used to confidently bet out strong hands like sets in raised or unraised pots and get action. Doesn't seem to happen anymore. I feel like I'm leaving value on the table by not playng a medium sized pot by slow-playing a little more, because the big whole stack play just isn't happening as much lately. God help me, I'm getting ready to try checking two streets with my monsters if nothing happens on the flop.

Maybe I should play somewhere else than FTP. I'm seeing far fewer donkeys.

There really isn't that much to discuss with this hand. It's just typical of the scenario.

Full Tilt Poker
$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
5 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
UTG: $37
CO: $19.5
BTN: $44.30
SB: $67.2
Hero (BB): $50.25

CO posts 0.50
<font color="black">Preflop:</font> K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif ($1.25, 5 players)
UTG calls $0.50, CO checks, BTN calls $0.50, SB calls $0.25, Hero checks

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif ($2.5, 5 players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2</font>, UTG folds, CO folds, BTN folds, SB folds
Uncalled bet of $2 returned to Hero

A check raise here would probably have been better, especially if one of the early players bet and got a call. I'd been betting out a lot, however, and thought someone might finally think I was full of it...

Leviathan101
03-23-2007, 03:58 PM
this is pretty standard. A C/R turns your hand face up, so I'd take this line. I might C/R against a habitual bluffer.

If no one has a hand don't sweat it.

Atlanta Andrew
03-23-2007, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd been betting out a lot, however, and thought someone might finally think I was full of it...

[/ QUOTE ]

C/R on this board out of the BB would look very strong, and even the calling stations are probably going to fold.

If the quote you made above is anywhere close to being true, your decision is easy to lead the flop as played.

-Andrew

Kasane
03-23-2007, 04:34 PM
I know they're going to fold just about anything to the c/r -- and I'm only looking to get value out of a couple of bets by a c/r. However, I'm just finding that the bet out method is netting me nothing, nada, and zippo lately. It feels as if the game has changed. Bah, I think I may just be running bad.

the machine
03-23-2007, 04:37 PM
bet is normal. that way you can bet the same when you miss and take it down. occasionally i might check a 10 10 3 rainbow flop because its impossible for anyone to have a draw beisides a 2 or three outter given that i have 10 with best kicker. this board does have possible straight draws, so its worth a bet for that reason also.