PDA

View Full Version : $.25 NL, QQ, Bad fold on river?

MickChecker
03-23-2007, 10:47 AM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP2 ($18.45)
MP3 ($25)
CO ($68.50)
Button ($10.20)
SB ($18.95)
BB ($28.65)
UTG ($24.60)
Hero ($24.25)
MP1 ($29.10)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, SB calls $0.90, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($2.25) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, SB calls $2.

Turn: ($8.25) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($8.25) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $1.5</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $9.75

I didn't see anything I beat. The K/images/graemlins/club.gif was one of the worst cards in the deck, but his bet was weak. Does anybody else fold here?

VPIP100
03-23-2007, 10:51 AM
I fold or raise, never call since you cant beat any J/K/flush, only some busted straight draws or a lone T, but thats not a big part of his range. Read dependent I raise or fold this.

Btw, whats up with the small pot raise? its a VERY draw board so you should have raised to around 5 imho.

Kimo White Devil
03-23-2007, 11:01 AM
*grunch*

ARRRGHHH, I hate this hand so much. His play looks so much like either a lone T, SD, FD. If you fold/call on that river, youll look so weak, poeple gonna play at you so much afterwards and you'll wonder why everyone calls your raises on drawy board than bet you when a scare cards comes. Also, people takes you to valuetown. Im pretty sure this hand is a session-spew type of hand that would make me leave the table if I see people adjusting to you based on that hand.

raise more on the flop and bet the turn would be probably more costly but at least you wouldnt look weak for future hands. And I prefer folding over calling on river if you cannot raise it up.

MyQuil
03-23-2007, 11:31 AM
Raise more on the flop, I'd say to around $4, because of all the draws available. Having said that, players at these levels often call almost anything on the flop with a draw.

Definitely bet the turn, you have to find out where you are. He could easily have been holding a 10 or a flush draw, so you don't want to give him another card for free. If he then raises you you'll prob have to fold.

I'll def call the river bet as well. I don't care about looking weak, it's the right choice given the pot odds. You're still beating some possible hands, A 10 or the like, so for $1.50 it's worth it. If you're really worried about looking weak then leave the table after if you're beat but you def should have called.

mcjeen
03-23-2007, 11:46 AM
Raise more on flop and bet out the turn. He prob. would check to u on the river and u can easily check behind.

renotime
03-23-2007, 11:56 AM
i would have raised more preflop and post flop

not a lot you can beat on the river so in my mind it is an instant fold, seems to me like he is value betting his flush