PDA

View Full Version : $0.15/$0.30 Deep 6, AJo thoughts

acesfullokings
03-23-2007, 10:17 AM
I normally play tournaments, but like having a go at the odd cash game, thoughts on this hand?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.15/$0.30
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $30.40
CO: $65.15
Button: $84.45
SB: $28.30
Hero: $38.95

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $1.05</font>, 3 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($2.25, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $1.3</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $16.3</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: A/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($34.85, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $15</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG calls all-in $14.35</font>.
Uncalled bets: $0.65 returned to Hero.

River: 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($63.55, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $63.55)

Results:
Final pot: $63.55

Everlong
03-23-2007, 10:27 AM
Here's my thoughts given you do not provide any reads or stats on villain:

preflop: I fold AJo to a UTG raise from an unknown. Folding or occasionally 3betting are all better options than calling.

flop: the checkraise is an ok way to find out where you are at, but once he re-raises your checkraise you can safely fold since you are beat close to 100% of the time. Probably an overpair or set of jacks here...

A combo-spade-draw would probably either push or call your cr

turn: you have left yourself no choice here so chuck it in and hope for QQ / KK.

I hope you don' think I am jerk when I say I think this hand was played pretty poorly - unless you have som additional info on villain indicating he is an aggro bluffmonkey or something.

fees
03-23-2007, 10:29 AM
fold to reraise on the flop.... ZOMG MAGIC ALL IN BABY!

Sweir
03-23-2007, 10:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Here's my thoughts given you do not provide any reads or stats on villain:

preflop: I fold AJo to a UTG raise from an unknown. Folding or occasionally 3betting are all better options than calling.

flop: the checkraise is an ok way to find out where you are at, but once he re-raises your checkraise you can safely fold since you are beat close to 100% of the time. Probably an overpair or set of jacks here...

A combo-spade-draw would probably either push or call your cr

turn: you have left yourself no choice here so chuck it in and hope for QQ / KK.

I hope you don' think I am jerk when I say I think this hand was played pretty poorly - unless you have som additional info on villain indicating he is an aggro bluffmonkey or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

RAHZero
03-23-2007, 12:13 PM
Fold PF. You're OOP with a trap hand. AJs is close, AQ+ is a call. AJo is definitely a fold without reads. Flop check/raise is fine, you snap off a c-bet and are now ahead of his range. When he 3-bets you, alarm bells should be going off. You have to fold to that 3-bet. As played, the turn is fine, but fold that flop.