PDA

View Full Version : TPTK faces overbet on flop

danicalifornia
03-23-2007, 06:03 AM
Villain is 40/15/1.5 over 71 hands

Full Tilt Poker
$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
5 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
SB: $18.85
BB: $36.95
MP: $134.80
Hero (CO): $55.90
BTN: $72.50

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> K/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($0.75, 5 players)
MP folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $1.50, BB calls $1.25

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($5.25, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="red">BB bets $8</font>, Hero calls $8, SB folds

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif [Q/images/graemlins/club.gif] ($21.25, 2 players)
<font color="red">BB bets all in for $27.70</font>, Hero ?

Loc0Loc0
03-23-2007, 06:31 AM
He has a monster fold on the flop..

prodonkey
03-23-2007, 06:39 AM
I hate donkeys.. they usually induce me to shove for being so stupid.. lol.. I'd put him on a flush draw here.

lemming
03-23-2007, 06:40 AM
I would put him on Aces or a set, feeling so overconfident... He clearly fears the flush. And as his AF is not that high, I would also put him on a monster.

Loc0Loc0
03-23-2007, 06:43 AM
Overbetting FD...

They play this pot exactly like they should. You think:"Omg he is a loose donkey. Im shoving. "
That's a terrible mistake. He makes his trips and thinks: "What bet should be called. If i bet small and get called i can some money from A high or they fold and i pick up a small pot. Or we overbet the pot and hoping he has an A and he calls due to my image."

prodonkey
03-23-2007, 06:49 AM
I had a donk overbet open shove into me for 3x's pot today with a flush draw on a 447 flop.. he had K5s. I would fold in the above situation though on the flop.. you don't have much invested.

eigenvalue
03-23-2007, 08:53 AM
Someone who overbets the flop in certain situations is not a donkey! I earned $150 in one single hand last night when I overbet the flop with a straight. Overbetting the flop from time to time is a very solid and dangerous play!

prodonkey
03-23-2007, 08:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Someone who overbets the flop in certain situations is not a donkey! I earned $150 in one single hand last night when I overbet the flop with a straight. Overbetting the flop from time to time is a very solid and dangerous play!

[/ QUOTE ]

I've open pushed with AA before too.. overbetting is good if I can put someone on a certain hand and I can beat it.. and am pretty sure they will call with it. Quads when I know guy has a big boat.. etc.

90% of the overbets I see come from donks.. and about 80% of them are draws where they think they can push u off your hand.

danicalifornia
03-23-2007, 09:57 AM
Has anyone put villain on a range yet? As his PFR is 15 he would reraise me with QQ,KK,AA I guess so i discount those hands...
The flop is draw heavy with a flush and a straight draw possible.
The turn brings a Queen so I am also behind KQ. I dont think he would make this play with a hand I beat so I folded on the turn.
Those who say fold on the flop... Just because he overbets the pot you lay this hand down? He could just make a play here or play his draw very aggressivly... I decided to call and see if he shuts down on the turn.

kayfish77
03-23-2007, 10:01 AM
theres no chacne he shuts down on the turn after overbetting the flop, and with stacksizes you have to make your decision there. 1/3 of his stack is in the middle on the flop, u think hes going to check down 2 streets with ~1 psb left?

danicalifornia
03-23-2007, 10:06 AM
So you fold TPTK everytime someone overbets the flop?