PDA

View Full Version : NL50...interesting spot with Aces up

yeotaJMU
03-23-2007, 04:46 AM
no read on villain. i usually would never lead with bottom pair in a pot like this, but the SB is a tight/straight forward player who would lead with top or 2nd pair, and i figured the villain (who posted, its his first hand) probably isnt holding much due to the fact that he checked his option from the CO. anyway, help on the turn and river are welcome (as i had reasons for my flop play)

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($48.35)
CO ($50)
Button ($94.25)
SB ($52.15)
Hero ($79.95)
UTG ($39.40)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($1.50) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, CO calls $1, SB folds.

Turn: ($3.50) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $5</font>, Hero calls $3.

River: ($13.50) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $10.5</font>, Hero...???

Loc0Loc0
03-23-2007, 05:03 AM
What about 3betting the turn here?

You beat: JT/T3/J3
You get beat: AT/AJ/33/JJ/TT/AA/KQ

He would raise (AT/AJ/KQ)/JJ/TT/AA probably preflop, so i dont see much hands that could beat you on the turn.

I should call him down.

lemming
03-23-2007, 05:17 AM
I would probably call as well... although I might be worried about his flushdraw with a Q! Possibly he has 2 pair as well, yeah.

Call and take a note if he's slowplaying on a flushdrawy/straightdrawy board /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Loc0Loc0
03-23-2007, 05:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would probably call as well... although I might be worried about his flushdraw with a Q! Possibly he has 2 pair as well, yeah.

Call and take a note if he's slowplaying on a flushdrawy/straightdrawy board /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldnt be to scared of the heart draw because of the turn raise.

yeotaJMU
03-23-2007, 05:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

He would raise (AT/AJ/KQ)/JJ/TT/AA probably preflop, so i dont see much hands that could beat you on the turn.

I should call him down.

[/ QUOTE ]

i like this post. im not sure why i didnt 3-bet this turn. being an unknown, and being that it was his first hand at the table, i assumed he wouldnt be making wild plays. i would puke to a 4 bet by him for sure. once i evaluated in my head that i was ahead i wanted to play it safe and not loose a huge pot. also, i think if a blank hit the river i would have been able to get another bet/lead out and get a call.

Loc0Loc0
03-23-2007, 05:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I should call him down.

[/ QUOTE ]

i like this post. im not sure why i didnt 3-bet this turn. being an unknown, and being that it was his first hand at the table, i assumed he wouldnt be making wild plays. i would puke to a 4 bet by him for sure. once i evaluated in my head that i was ahead i wanted to play it safe and not loose a huge pot. also, i think if a blank hit the river i would have been able to get another bet/lead out and get a call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also notice his turn raise isn't the strongest one. I would have been more worried if it was to 7/8.
With u calling behind he might think his lower pair is good what induces a bet on the river.

Your getting 3 to 1 odds to call. You only need 25% wins to justify your call here.