Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter

Edit: I forgot stack sizes
Villian started w/ $133
Hero started w/ $99

Reads on villan are that he is a will call down w/ overs and no other draws, he will call down w/ 2nd pair no kicker on scary boards and if you dont show any agg, he will put out pot sized bets w/ 2nd pair no kicker. He also slowplayed trip aces in the SB HU w/ the BB, I thought I ought to wait for a big hand and extract...is this a good spot to do it? and any other comments on the hand would be great.

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
3 folds, Hero raises to $1.75, SB raises to $3, BB folds, Hero calls.

Oh and he had been doing a more than usual amount of min reraises than you would generally see...

Flop: 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif ($6.5, 2 players)
SB bets $6.5, Hero calls.

Turn: J /images/graemlins/club.gif ($19.5, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $14, SB calls.

River: 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif ($47.5, 2 players)
SB bets $47.5
Hero???

davidyang
03-23-2007, 12:55 AM
This hand is played so weird by villain. However, you have to think about what exactly you beat here. You showed some aggression on the turn and he calls, then leads out a huge pot sized raise on the river? I don't think this is a bluff. AQ and QQ are the only two hands you beat. I think I would fold in this spot.

DEADALIVE
03-23-2007, 01:04 AM
Ya, I was real scared of AK or maybe AJ in this spot...Do you ever think villian has a busted flush here on the end?

yeotaJMU
03-23-2007, 01:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Reads on villan are that he is a will call down w/ overs and no other draws, he will call down w/ 2nd pair no kicker on scary boards and if you dont show any agg, he will put out pot sized bets w/ 2nd pair no kicker. He also slowplayed trip aces in the SB HU w/ the BB, I thought I ought to wait for a big hand and extract...is this a good spot to do it? and any other comments on the hand would be great.

[/ QUOTE ]

if this is the case why arent we playing our hand more strongly? raise him and let him call down with just an ace or worse. based on your read, id call this push as played. if he is pushing with crap hands isnt this what we wanted? plus slowplayed his only monster hand. i doubt you are beat here.

davidyang
03-23-2007, 01:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if this is the case why arent we playing our hand more strongly? raise him and let him call down with just an ace or worse. based on your read, id call this push as played. if he is pushing with crap hands isnt this what we wanted? plus slowplayed his only monster hand. i doubt you are beat here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain doesn't push with crap hands, he calls down with them. OP also mentions that if you check, more often then not he's going to auto bet. OP shows a lot of aggression on the turn, and gets a call followed up by a huge pot bet on the river. More often then not you're not going to see a hand that you beat here.

Stake Monster
03-23-2007, 02:16 AM
Tough spot, but i'd probably call based on your read of him.

orange
03-23-2007, 04:16 AM
i would raise the flop and call a shove vs. this player. he will felt TPTK (AQ) always imo.

given the way we got there, the river is at the very least a call. its close to a raise.

mcjeen
03-23-2007, 05:00 AM
I would raise the flop as well. Just to get some more info from villian. Now u don't know if he is slowplaying a monster or he had just a busted flush draw. By raising the flop you can put him on a more narrow range. Mostly he would call the flop if u raise, and check-call the turn if he has a flush draw.

As played as here i had called the river bet. It seems too much like a busted flush draw like the way he played.