PDA

View Full Version : NL50... very weird QQ hand

yeotaJMU
03-22-2007, 05:23 PM
no reads, this table basically just formed. i had a situation like this before with KK when i RR and an A flopped, i posted it here and the consensus was to call a bet on this flop. granted im OOP here so its different but yeah. his turn bet felt weird and my gut told me to raise this. help on all streets is welcome.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($65.80)
UTG ($30)
MP ($28.50)
Button ($23.40)
SB ($50.25)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif. UTG posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG (poster) raises to $1.5</font>, MP calls $1.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $1.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $9.5</font>, UTG calls $8, MP folds, SB folds.

Flop: ($22) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $5</font>, Hero calls $5.

Turn: ($32) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $8.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $17(???)</font>, UTG folds(??????).

Final Pot: $57.50

ugh i feel like i played this terribly. help!

Miyogi
03-22-2007, 05:26 PM
Villians bet sizes seem to show that he doesn't realy like his hand and he wants you to fold. But as far as folding villian out goes it is easier to just bet the flop no? You showed enormous strength preflop so villian has to be scared that you have an A or other big pair. If you want value I guess this line works, but it also sets you up for bigger losses if you run into a monster.

hoyasaxa
03-22-2007, 05:33 PM
I think the PF reraise is a little excessive. I would like $5 or $6 a little more. If someone calls here you can be pretty sure they have a big hand.

A $5 bet into a $22 pot just screams weakness. I would either check raise him here to find out where I am, or lead out about 3/4 of the pot and see if he raises.

A call or raise on the flop and im ready to give up though.

yeotaJMU
03-22-2007, 05:34 PM
right... i tend to get in spots like this with big pairs when an ace flops. for whatever reason i automatically shut down and just assume if they called my pf raise im beat.

noob_sauce
03-22-2007, 05:38 PM
post= better minus the villain fold included... hard to be objective when we know he folded in a pot where he should have been pot commited...

I would usually wait for a read to make a play like this. I'd have to know that
a.) villain could call this strong of a raise preflop with an Ace&lt; than AK
b.) villain is capable of folding AQ etc. in this spot...
and this is if we were both deepstacked...

blind I think this is -EV.... especially given villain's shortstack and that he is less likely to fold to a raise w/ a weak ace (he has what 8$ left behind him).

W/ that being said, given the bet size etc... folding is very weak on the flop... if our plan were to make a play at him on turn if he leads out in this range, wouldn't it be better to make a play at him on the flop where he is deeper stacked and we have more fold equity???

I may be way off on this, and someome please correct my thinking if i'm wrong, but...

Raise flop&gt; call flop, fold non heart/Q turn to a bet of this size&gt; call, flop raise turn when villain is pot committed... no?

noob_sauce
03-22-2007, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
or lead out about 3/4 of the pot and see if he raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

lets not forget villain is only $21 deep on flop and we can't fold if he does raise a $15 bet

hoyasaxa
03-22-2007, 05:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
or lead out about 3/4 of the pot and see if he raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

lets not forget villain is only $21 deep on flop and we can't fold if he does raise a $15 bet

[/ QUOTE ]

youre absolutely right. but i would still like to lead out to see where im at. Maybe around 10?

yeotaJMU
03-22-2007, 06:05 PM
yeah i think you are right... idk i totally bombed this hand. i like to say im a "feel" player when i play live, and the only reason i have this line is because i had a gut feeling.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is what prevented me from betting this flop, i felt i had no choice but to push or check/fold. his bet was so weak though idk. i dont know what i was thinking on the turn, i just felt like i was winning? thats flimsy and donkish i guess but i cant explain what made me make this play. thanks so far more opinions appreciated.