PDA

View Full Version : 2nd barrel AK UI? standard?

noob_sauce
03-22-2007, 05:01 PM
at work no hand history... was just curious about what percentage of you guys fire a second barrell at this pot OOP given the action, or whether this is majorly -EV...

.25/.50 Poker stars, both stacks are at $50

Hero just posted first hand one hand earlier no reads at all...

gets dealt A/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif in sb...

utg raises to $1.50, all folds, hero pops it to $5, bb folds, utg calls...

Flop comes: (HU, $10.50)
236 r... no clubs

hero bets $7, villain calls.

turn comes: J pot is (about $28)

hero leads out for $16... if i decide to fire out here do i need to go 3/4 of pot+ here on the turn?

Miyogi
03-22-2007, 05:52 PM
THis is a reraised pot. My normal line would be to bet a little more on the flop and check fold turn.

hoyasaxa
03-22-2007, 05:54 PM
how many people are at the table? if its 7 handed or more i immediately freeze up. its just too easy for him to have an overpair. If i were villian i would have raised you big on the flop, thinking you have an AK AQ kind of hand.

Maybe if he has 77-JJ you could get him to fold on the turn. But i dont think its likely.

It really depends on how many players there are and if UTG is tight at all. I would not call a reraise UTG without some kind of big hand. So i dont recommend firing that second bullet.

Big Bend
03-22-2007, 07:13 PM
I tend to give up OOP with AK unimproved on the turn, but I'm a wuss sometimes. I agree with earlier poster that said make a larger flop size bet tho.

If I'm in position I'll often call with AK UI then try to steal/resteal on the turn even if I don't hit my TPTK. Position is everything in NL.

gl.. BB

Angrymoog
03-22-2007, 08:10 PM
I like check raising in spots like this. It teases out a bet from all the hands you actually beat, and it forces only strong hands to continue due to the implication that stacks are going in.

Big Poppa Smurf
03-22-2007, 08:12 PM
Yeah you probably shouldn't be double barreling this flop and turn. He wasn't peeling with overs and I doubt he releases a lot of pairs here...actually now that I think about it if you think he'll fold 77-TT here go ahead and fire again.

SCBielski
03-22-2007, 08:41 PM
I think firing again here on the turn is a mistake. Our villain's smooth call on a reraised preflop pot should be a little scary, esspecially if they play like a typical TAG. I smooth call on the flop here generally means you're getting taken to value town by a set or a middle pocket pair isn't willing to release just yet; often times players will decide not to release these hands at all. In my opinion, in a reraised pot it is always a mistake to fire two streets, although I like maybe check/raising the turn if you face a take-a-way type bet.

Big Poppa Smurf
03-22-2007, 08:53 PM
Meh villain is very likely calling with a midrange pair that he will release to a second barrel, thinking that we won't second barrel. Or we are crushed, this is something you just mix up and go with the flow with.

noob_sauce
03-22-2007, 09:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah you probably shouldn't be double barreling this flop and turn. He wasn't peeling with overs and I doubt he releases a lot of pairs here...actually now that I think about it if you think he'll fold 77-TT here go ahead and fire again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that was the goal...