PDA

View Full Version : NL50 tough call?

danjohncochane
03-22-2007, 04:58 PM
Cryptologic
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
4 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $50.05
Button: $69.65
SB: $49.50
Hero: $59.55

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
2 folds, SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop: Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif ($1, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $0.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.5</font>, SB calls.

Turn: 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($4, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2.5</font>, SB calls.

River: 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($9, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $5.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $20</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: $49

Can I fold this????

noob_sauce
03-22-2007, 05:04 PM
raise pre-flop... w/ position vs. a sb open limper definite.

Given how the hand played out it seems like it could be an overplayed two pair... I think I go with a call here, but it is close. (eh... the more i look at it, the further I get away from from folding...)

Zagga
03-22-2007, 05:21 PM
I would call.

Raise Preflop and raise more on turn tho.

Does anyone like a checkbehind here?

yeotaJMU
03-22-2007, 05:31 PM
i like a raise preflop.

raise more on the flop. make a bigger bet on the turn. at this point he will have called a raise and a big bet, i think i check behind on the river. even though we may lose a bet to just a Q or a lesser two pair we wont get raised by a set or a straight (i would say he has 9 10 here as played)

hoyasaxa
03-22-2007, 05:38 PM
im going to put in a raise against a small blind limper about 75% of the time anyway just to take advantage of my position. Moreso with a hand like qjs, which i love in this situation.

I would raise about the size of the pot on the flop. If he bets into you like that I dont really put him on a set. So go ahead and raise him.

I do kind of like a check on the river. Something seems really weird to me when someone calls a raise, then check calls again on such an uncoordinated board. And considering one of the two straight draws got there, I dont think a check is a bad idea.

pokerOpus
03-22-2007, 07:18 PM
Raise pf.

bet more on flop and turn.

Id call river.

danny8
03-22-2007, 07:42 PM
raise pf, you're so far ahead of his range

raise the flop more for value and protection, ~$2-2.5

as played bet more on the turn. I think checking behind on the river is pretty bad here and leaving money on the table, nothing suggest you're beat (so far)

i call the river, could be a bluff, a J or a lower 2pair etc

kayfish77
03-22-2007, 07:51 PM
no lone jack is ever check raising here. why would he turn a hand with showdown value into a bluff? youre getting 2.2:1 i think and its your call. you haven't post reads but does he make a habit of limping big hands in bvb? does overplay hands? how often do you check this river behind (can he expect u to bet?) has he gotten tricky? readless this is a call i think. either way make a note on him.

orange
03-22-2007, 08:08 PM
raise PF. you have position and a decent hand.

raise the flop a bit harder. its semi drawy and we can get more value. i like $2.

bet the turn harder. more value, as stated.

its also close on the river, but i call.

cata1yst
03-22-2007, 10:20 PM
Am I a nit if I would check behind on this river?

spyderracing
03-22-2007, 10:32 PM
I don't think you can fold there

Pirelli
03-22-2007, 11:49 PM
I would raise this PF being in position.

Raise the flop a little more. Bet the turn a little more 3/4 pot seems better.

I think checking behind the river is good. Sure, you will lose value sometimes, but it makes sure this stuff doesn't happen, and often he will be on a weak made hand or a draw so there is no value in betting.

As played his hand looks like T9 or a set and I would tend to lay it down if you don't have any reads.

Stake Monster
03-23-2007, 02:52 AM
Raise PF, raise more on the flop (what kind of raise is that)

I check behind on the river here unless the guy is a very weak player and I know he won't put me to the test like what he just did. He's either bluffing or he has you beaten. It's very read-dependent for me.

rakes.a.beach
03-23-2007, 03:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Am I a nit if I would check behind on this river?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes.

creamfillin
03-23-2007, 03:18 AM
Raise that flop more, It smells of "let me draw cheap, teehee". Bet more on the turn.

Sir Winalot
03-23-2007, 04:00 AM
I would raise preflop with any two cards, and I'm dead serious. You have position and his limp probably means he doesn't have anything. Raise that [censored] up!!

I would raise flop to 2-2.5 and bet way closer to pot on the turn. I'd probably bet something like 2/3 to 3/4-pot on river. I'm not sure if shoving river is any good even in a blind battle, I'd probably just call there.