PDA

View Full Version : TPTK gets donk bet on the river

DawnToDusk
03-22-2007, 01:59 PM
Vill is unknown. Have been at the table for like 2 full orbits when this hand comes up so no real reads.

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $43.20
Hero: $25.95
Button: $32.60
SB: $1.40
BB: $32.95

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1</font>, 2 folds, BB calls.

Flop: Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif ($2.1, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $0.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, BB calls. <font color="blue">His small bet could mean really anything to me at this point. It didn't show a lot of strength but he could be sitting there with Qx, a club draw or MP. I don't really see TP likely but he could have something like Q7 depending on his how he plays. He could also be sitting on a set. Given his range of hands I think a raise is for a value here.</font>

Turn: 8/images/graemlins/club.gif ($7.1, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $4</font>, BB calls.
<font color="blue">Well the club flush got there if that is what he had. I still think though that his range is wide enough where he could be going on with a weak queen that a bet is still for value. Obviously my $4 bet isn't worth four because there are times that he raises and I fold and there are other times where he calls with a better hand. But ya. Get raised here and I plan to fold.</font>

River: J/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($15.1, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $5.5</font>, Hero ??? <font color="blue">Well thats kind of strange. I feel like if the player actually had a flush he would of C/R me on turn or even the river. So what do we put him on? Was he sitting on a set or two pair the whole time? Did he catch up on the river with QJ? The pot is laying just under 4-to-1 odds. I think my problem with this hand is trying to put him on a range. I saw the pot odds and thought they were favorable but I didn't want to talk myself into a call by creating a favorable range for my sake.</font>

VPIP100
03-22-2007, 02:01 PM
a min donk into you on such board = 100% either a flushdraw or a weak Q.

I always check behind turn, no point in raising for value imho.

I think the river is a fold, but I would call if the turn went c/c. But were getting 4 to 1, so nice free info.

Skleice
03-22-2007, 02:07 PM
Looks like flush draw that got there. Min bet is usually a ridiculously small blocking bet to get a cheap card. Turn looks like he's trying to act like the flush didn't hit him and hopes to make $$ on river.

Betting turn is walking into trap. Check and hope to get out cheaply.
River is a straight value bet.

boycalledroy
03-22-2007, 03:30 PM
Min bet is blocking bet about 80% of time and monstor 20% of time. The reason he check called the turn is so not to scare you out with his flush. He is now valuebetting said flush. Once you raise a bet like his, and he calls, if any obvious draw gets there, he's made it.

yeotaJMU
03-22-2007, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks like flush draw that got there. Min bet is usually a ridiculously small blocking bet to get a cheap card. Turn looks like he's trying to act like the flush didn't hit him and hopes to make $$ on river.

Betting turn is walking into trap. Check and hope to get out cheaply.
River is a straight value bet.

[/ QUOTE ]