PDA

View Full Version : I accidentally clicked Raise

Big Bend
03-22-2007, 10:49 AM
I was in the big blind and meant to fold, but accidentally clicked min Raise. They all called then I flopped OESD. How to proceed...

Full Tilt Poker
$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
CO: $105.15
BTN: $49.50
SB: $76.6
Hero (BB): $49.5
UTG: $47.85
MP: $24.40

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($0.75, 6 players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $1.75</font>, CO calls $1.75, BTN folds, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3</font>, MP calls $1.25, CO calls $1.25

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif ($9.25, 3 players)
Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="red">CO bets $6</font>, Hero calls $6, MP folds

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif [3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif] ($21.25, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $14.50</font>, Hero calls $14.50

<font color="black">River:</font> 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif [K/images/graemlins/club.gif] ($50.25, 2 players)

Damn, I missed my draw. Did I have odds to chase? Should I have folded after the flop? Do I bluff the river? Villian is a TAG good player.

Insights/suggestions appreciated... BB

Skleice
03-22-2007, 10:54 AM
You payed a lot to chase that draw. You were getting only 2.5 to call on flop and then again on the turn. OESD is 5:1. If he's a TAG is he really gonna pay you off to take these odds...doubtful.

VPIP100
03-22-2007, 10:57 AM
Your play is consistent with a flushdraw, if you have a read that villain plays draws aggressive, I would fold, otherwise I shove river.

Smilin'
03-22-2007, 11:17 AM
On flop: I kind of like betting out, even though you're OOP vs. 2 players. The minraise preflop looks very strong, so I think your fold equity is decent. If you get called by one player, I can see value in a second barrel (push TAG off KJ or worse). Plus you have outs to hit your draw (non- /images/graemlins/club.gif), and it's very well disguised. Once you check, I like the call. You only have 6 clean outs, but your draw is disguised, MP might call behind you, and CO could be bluffing (in which case you have a shot at taking away the pot on the river if he checks turn).

On turn, as played on flop: I think I'm inclined to give up at this point UNLESS the plan is to bluff a club on the river. If you don't want to bluff a club (b/c CO could be on clubs), then you really only have 6 outs. Not worth it, IMHO.

On river, as played on flop and turn: I think I bluff if TAG has some weak-tight tendencies, but if he's really thinking he's likely to be suspicious. I mean, K /images/graemlins/club.gif and J /images/graemlins/club.gif are on the board and you reraised preflop. What are you representing? A /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif is the only hand that makes a lot of sense unless you have a very aggro image. Maybe he'll put you on a slowplayed JJ that isn't scared of the flush, but not if he has a J (seems likely). So your bluff seems suspicious to me if he thinks about it much. (Come to think of it, this should all make you more likely to fold on the turn, because 3 of your club bluff "outs" put you in this kind of situation.)

Cliff notes: Maybe c-bet the flop. As played, call flop and fold turn. Disclaimer about my 2 cents, etc.

Cortz
03-22-2007, 11:23 AM
I would have led the flop for sure

Genz
03-22-2007, 11:26 AM
c/c flop (you won't take the pot down with a lead after the preflop action.)
c/f turn. You aren't deep enough to call.

Genz
03-22-2007, 11:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The minraise preflop looks very strong, so I think your fold equity is decent.

[/ QUOTE ]

O RLY? I honestly don't think so. It looks like a weak squeeze just as much. And CO overcalls that reraise easily. If he really thought you were so extremely strong, why would he call a raise and then overcall a reraise? I think he is pretty strong here.
And I wouldn't plan on making elaborate bluffs on uNL. On 50NL players think a little more than on lower limits maybe. But I really think that pure bluffs based on what hands would play a line like you did are spew. He will call you with a PP.

Big Bend
03-22-2007, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would have led the flop for sure

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya I didn't even think to lead with a flop bet, not wanting to be in the hand in the first place.. that would have been a good idea. Then I prob shoulda folded on the turn and given up, being OOP with flush draw on board.

However I did decide to shove the river as a bluff, representing AK or flush draw.. Villian cursed me for being a fish then folded as time ran out and I won the pot. Fun times.

BB