PDA

View Full Version : Did I butcher this QQ hand?

Big Bend
03-22-2007, 09:58 AM
Not sure if I shoulda reraised more preflop, or gone deep after the flop. Confused...

Full Tilt Poker
$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
BTN: $61.35
SB: $69.8
BB: $63.15
Hero (UTG): $52.30
MP: $40.60
CO: $50

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($0.75, 6 players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="red">MP raises to $3.50</font>, CO folds, BTN folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $6</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $4, MP calls $2.50

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($18.5, 3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="red">MP bets $18.50</font>, SB calls $18.50, <font color="red">Hero raises all in to $46.30</font>, MP calls all in for $16.10, SB calls $27.80

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif [4/images/graemlins/heart.gif] ($145.7, 3 players)
No action

<font color="black">River:</font> 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif [5/images/graemlins/club.gif] ($145.7, 3 players)
No action

Any insights/suggestions much appreciated.. thx!

Dr_Mabuse101
03-22-2007, 10:07 AM
I would fold after the SB calls. I think someone has AA or KK for sure given the preflop action.

kazana
03-22-2007, 10:11 AM
So read-dependent.
Without reads &amp; with two players re-raising like that, I wouldn't get too excited if I don't hit my set on the flop. I'm led to believe that at least one of them has KK+.
An AK would probably push preflop, so not much else left that we beat out of the typical reraising range.

barryc83
03-22-2007, 10:12 AM
Barring reads that these guys are way too aggressive I think you can safely fold pf. You got min raised and then the SB min raised again. Tougher decision with KK, but QQ I fold.

Piece of Cake
03-22-2007, 10:28 AM
Looks like a limit game preflop. This could be a2c or it could be a donkish way to play AA. I tend to want to pop it to 18-21 especially oop - but apparently I'm a stackoff artist - and at that point we almost have to play for stacks. If I call I agree that we're setmining basically - I wouldnt' want to go broke at that point.

As played, MP could think any overpair is good and is defending against the draws or could be agressively playing a draw him self - but considering it's 3way I tend to think MP perceives his hand is made here. SB's line seems very strong since he smooth calls with you behind. Thus two hands worth ranges that definitely include a lot of hands that beat me or have good equity versus me, and no knowledge or how wide their range is to the downside that includes hands I beat - At 50NL sometimes this is wide more than wide enough but I don't like to assume so without a read. Thus it would help to have even the slightest of reads. I tend to check fold this flop as played.

Zagga
03-22-2007, 10:49 AM
SB's preflop 4-bet and smooth check-call potzised bet with opponent yet to act makes alarm bells toll heavily. I doubt if you have the best hand here.

Big Bend
03-22-2007, 10:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
SB's preflop 4-bet and smooth check-call potzised bet with opponent yet to act makes alarm bells toll heavily. I doubt if you have the best hand here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks everybody. Ya I shoulda taken the hint and folded when I didn't hit my set. SB Villian had AA and MP Villian had A5 hearts and hit his flush on the turn. I was drawing way dead. I still suck at this game.

L8r.. BB

Zagga
03-22-2007, 11:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was drawing way dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, you had 2 outs, witch on occasion you will hit in pots like this /images/graemlins/smile.gif (I just 2-outered someone in a $100 pot jaj)