PDA

View Full Version : Flop top set

lonn19
03-22-2007, 08:58 AM
25 NL, 6 max. No reads on anyone.

I am SB with KK.
UTG raises to $.75, MP folds, CO calls, Btn folds, I reraise to $2.50, BB folds, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: Ks Qs 6c
I check, UTG bets $1, CO folds, I call.

Turn: 10c
I bet $3, UTG calls.

River: Jh
I check, UTG puts me all in for $7.20.

Can I fold this? Should I have been more aggressive after the flop?

CanYouCallThis
03-22-2007, 09:05 AM
You should have just lead the flop, since it's a drawy board and you're gonna get called by tons of hands you have beat (yes I am aware you've got nuts here, just pointing out that your FE here is not as big as on a K62r flop). So just bet 2/3 of the pot on the flop yourself, you don't wanna get a scarecard turn that kills the action.

And no you can't fold that river for these odds. Your odds are over 3.5/1, and his range is wider then Ax, 2pair is a def possibilty (seen it happen on 25NL too often that villain turns that over). I prefer a blockbet on the river though, since his range is a lot wider with this push, then with a RAI... Just put $2 out there, but still call a push prob for these odds.

You just got yourself into a LOT of trouble, by C/C on the flop...

fabadam
03-22-2007, 09:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Can I fold this?

[/ QUOTE ]

$18 in the pot, $7.2 to call, 2.5:1 pot odds.
Are you more than 70% certain he has an ace? I know I am. For all he knows, you've been playing AK or AQ this way and he's just splitting.

[ QUOTE ]
Should I have been more aggressive after the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and after the turn too. Just bet about $3 and put the rest in on the turn, since it appears he is shortstacked anyway.

ADK
03-22-2007, 09:11 AM
lead flop, or else check raise him.... pot turn. river is a horrible card... your most likely beat here

CanYouCallThis
03-22-2007, 09:19 AM
Sorry misread the pot size, 2.5/1 it is, so now you can't call. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

KEW
03-22-2007, 10:11 AM
First if I read your action right PLEASE reload PF by my math you started with only $13.70...BET the flop and get the rest of your stack in on the turn..If you do not bet when and how are you going to get your stack in???? This flop is to draw heavy to slowplay and tooooo many cards kill your action and/or hand...Flop and turn play is horrid..

Bet you strong hands do not try to rely on someone else doing it for you

DrewTheHead
03-22-2007, 10:52 AM
Bet, bet, bet....IMO this hand was butchered and at this level you have to be able to get your money in (especially your short stack) when your in front. To many slow plays leave to dissappointment at these levels. C/r flop if you are gonna check it to begin with...i lead 95% of the time with a board like that and be sure to make him pay for his draw on the turn if you havent felted it by then.

BET, BET, BET

Zagga
03-22-2007, 10:58 AM
The pot is like $5 on the flop and you check-call a $1 bet? then you bet only $3 in a $6 pot when a card came that gives people straigthdraws?

If you intend to check the flop then raise it up after his weakish bet of only $1. make it pot sized right there.

Then on the turn at the very least bet $5.

IMO you slowplayed yourself to death. and imo you should only slowplay if you flop quads or a powerfull boat.

EDIT: Also always buy in for the maximum before EACH hand. How on earth can he put you all in for 7,5 if you only invested like $6 so far?