PDA

View Full Version : Is this even a tough spot?

Fiksdal
03-22-2007, 03:17 AM
Full Tilt Poker
$0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
5 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
Hero (SB): $9.65
BB: $10.25
UTG: $4.60
CO: $22.10
BTN: $11.25

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Jhttp://legopoker.com/hh/images/diamond.gif 8http://legopoker.com/hh/images/diamond.gif ($0.15, 5 players)
UTG folds, CO calls $0.10, BTN folds, Hero calls $0.05, BB checks

<font color="black">Flop:</font> J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6http://legopoker.com/hh/images/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($0.3, 3 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.30</font>, BB calls $0.30, CO folds

<font color="black">Turn:</font> J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6http://legopoker.com/hh/images/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif [5http://legopoker.com/hh/images/club.gif] ($0.9, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.70</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $2.50</font>

lemming
03-22-2007, 03:19 AM
Just fold if you don't know the player... You got TPBK and an inside straightdraw, really not worth the call! Throw it away and play on imo...

yeotaJMU
03-22-2007, 03:22 AM
fold.

Panic__NL
03-22-2007, 04:43 AM
turn reraises are strong in general, you have a weak hand, with little to no chance of improving. I would not play this hand, but if I did I would raise it preflop, to take down the BB and the limper. A call prf on the CO is just so weak. big chance is he has trips here, a lot of people at these stakes dont raise mid and low pp.

hoyasaxa
03-22-2007, 04:55 AM
only thing you can beat really is a bluff. fold and wait for a better spot to get some chips in.

Genz
03-22-2007, 04:57 AM
I mostly fold this preflop with one limper actually. If I hit a hand like you did, I don't plan on taking it to SD, because it is a very marginal hand oop. As played, turn is an easy fold.

ama0330
03-22-2007, 06:36 AM
Meh, fold. Not sure I like the turn lead either, the board is pretty dry there.

Loc0Loc0
03-22-2007, 06:40 AM
you should look up your stats of SB play.

I think we spotted a leak in your game.

Just fold preflop and dont get involved in this crappy spots.

eigenvalue
03-22-2007, 08:17 AM
No, it isn't.

avfletch
03-22-2007, 08:39 AM
This flop spot is something I've been experimenting with recently to try to figure out how different options work out. The way I figure it, this is an all around sucky spot to be in and I'm far more inclined to check this flop and then call a bet if it's made by a known stabber.

The reverse implied odds on a hand like this are terrible and you are getting called by a wide variety of hands that will be hard to play against out of position over two streets. In my opinion there is nothing wrong with not pursuing a hand like this when you are unsure of where you stand. If you check this and a reasonably straight forward player in the BB bets then there's every chance he has you beat and if he doesn't he's the one getting away cheap not you.

If the turn bricks eg 2/images/graemlins/club.gif then there's nothing wrong with sticking a bet out there to protect the equity of your hand and you only have a single street to worry about paying off drawers on. If you gave a free card and the turn looks scary, eg an ace or one of the many straight making cards, then you can let it go and you are only giving up a very small amount.

CanYouCallThis
03-22-2007, 08:43 AM
First of all this is a preflop fold.

Second, don't make the pot this big with a marginal hand like TPBK. I'dd C/C the flop and lead the turn. If I find any strength, I'm out.

RIO's controlling this pot, so just lay it down as played now.

Sir Winalot
03-22-2007, 08:46 AM
Easy fold, you have a weak top pair and a gutshot draw. I doubt any villain would be raising here without TPGK+, so you're pretty much beat by all his range. For more info look for 'baluga theorem' in the sticky (unl or ssnl, can't remember which).

I also think fold&gt;raise&gt;call preflop. I probably wouldn't lead turn very often because there's not many worse hands that will call a value bet.

avfletch
03-22-2007, 08:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I probably wouldn't lead turn very often because there's not many worse hands that will call a value bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it applies here but I'd like to point out that just because worse hands don't call doesn't make betting wrong necessarily.

kitchma
03-22-2007, 10:48 AM
I complete this everytime from SB. Is this really a leak? Right now I am completing any flush or straigt cards, any A and any K from the SB. For those advocating a fold PF, what is your range for limping here?

CanYouCallThis
03-22-2007, 11:07 AM
None, with one limper either my hand is good enough to raise, or I fold.

Pretty huge leak that is, if you complete every A/K/suited/(gapped) connectors.

Fix it /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Zagga
03-22-2007, 11:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you should look up your stats of SB play.

I think we spotted a leak in your game.

Just fold preflop and dont get involved in this crappy spots.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. I limp hands like this from the SB if there is at least 1 caller in front of me or overlimp it on the button with 2 callers all the time. Cheaply flopping a straigth then getting a lot of money in is a good moneymaker, and you can otherwise easilly get away from these hands.

In this hand, I like to bet flop and fold to any action or check-fold turn if called (unless villain minbets).

Bonesy
03-22-2007, 11:12 AM
I used to complete hands like this all day in the SB but I'm now convinced it's a leak. If the limpers are total donaters, then I will complete. Mostly you just end up with marginal hands OOP.

kitchma
03-22-2007, 11:14 AM
So what is your range for limping from the SB?

Genz
03-22-2007, 11:17 AM
I rather overcall on the button than completing in the sb with hands like these. With a 2gapper, you are basically hoping to flop a gutshot straightdraw or a flushdraw. And that flushdraw isn't even anywhere near the nuts. Lots of awkward spots postflop. It's certainly not a big leak to complete here, since you get good odds. But playing postflop isn't that easy with a weakish draw. And even if you hit big in an unraised pot, you will have trouble getting value on your hand, since you are always displaying a fair amount of strength when you lead into a field of limpers...

Zagga
03-22-2007, 11:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So what is your range for limping from the SB?

[/ QUOTE ]

If there is at least 1 limper (pref 2) any connector or single gapper and high doeble gappers, suited or ofsuit.

And every suited ace.

This means I don't limp things like ace-rag, king-rag, K9, A8 etc etc. those are all crap hands, especially in this position.

kitchma
03-22-2007, 11:27 AM
OK. I guess I have been way to loose from the SB. Thanks for spotting and helping correct my leak. I am going to be curious to see what my stats from the SB look like when I get home tonight.

Genz
03-22-2007, 11:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
OK. I guess I have been way to loose from the SB. Thanks for spotting and helping correct my leak. I am going to be curious to see what my stats from the SB look like when I get home tonight.

[/ QUOTE ]

?!? You have reprogrammed your bot from work? Awesome.

Fiksdal
03-22-2007, 11:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

?!? You have reprogrammed your bot from work? Awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

kitchma
03-22-2007, 11:46 AM
Shhhh! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

orange
03-22-2007, 12:39 PM
I like the flop play. PF is also fine. I would consider checking the turn alot though. Theres not going to be a whole lot of hands calling you (sometimes draws). 78 just got completed as well.

allaboutmyfetti
03-22-2007, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like the flop play. PF is also fine. I would consider checking the turn alot though. Theres not going to be a whole lot of hands calling you (sometimes draws). 78 just got completed as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

in 50NL games i've seen a naked ace peel this flop in an unraised pot.

RollTide77
03-22-2007, 12:59 PM
I don't "hate" this PF (although I would have folded PF) but if you're going to play it for the FD then play it for the FD and not for the J. You can't just change your mind mid hand of what you're trying to gain b/c of the flop. If you wanted to play it for the J then you should have raised it PF. If you wanted to play it for the FD then limp it in. I don't think you can play it for both at the same timie. As played, since you let everyone limp in your J is probably useless. Nothing wrong with trying to take the pot cheap on the flop though but after that you should be thinking pot control.