PDA

View Full Version : sup some help needed

kevdog
03-22-2007, 02:42 AM
i posted this in another forum called beats, brags, and variance but they havn't been too helpful yet.

i heard this a good website for learnen pro poker stratgy.

I wanna make lots of money and i feel im pretty good at poker. my friends and me have a weekly game--$5 tournemet and i own them most weeks. we hope to one day play for $10

poker much funner than my job ( i work at home depot.)but the problem is i cant win online.I got $50 on pokerstars and have started small but hands like this keep happening.:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($8.22)
Button ($1.85)
SB ($4.76)
BB ($1.32)
UTG ($2.98)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A, 7.
1 fold, Hero raises to $0.2, 2 folds, BB calls $0.18.

Flop: ($0.41) 5, 2, 8 (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $2, BB calls $1.12 (All-In).

Turn: ($3.53) J (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($3.53) 9 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $3.53

Results in white below:
BB has 8h 8c (three of a kind, eights).
Hero has Ah 7h (high card, ace).
Outcome: BB wins $2.65. Hero wins $0.88.

what were the [censored] odds he makes trips? normally i am very loose and i get alot of chips early. I also like toplay many hands cus most people dont have 5's and 4's in their hands so i hit the flop more.

I have been reading some threads and hear TAG alot? what does this mean and how do I play TAG.

I hear some of you guys make like $400 a week. That is more than my paychecks. so any help you guys have for me would be sweet.

Also I know I play low stakes right now but I plan on playing .25/.50 soon. I justt gotta get my roll built up first.

Bowlboy
03-22-2007, 02:51 AM
this is a joke right?
I'm guessing this will get locked?

yeotaJMU
03-22-2007, 02:56 AM
TAG is tight- agressive. LAG is loose-agressive.

ring games are much different from tournaments. youre "play a lot of hands and get chips early" doesnt apply to a cash game. much of youre logic in playing a lot of hands is flawed. this style is very difficult to master.

first off, you dont open a pot with a 10xBB raise, especially with A7. try a 3-5xBB raise. if you get called with a raise like that, youre behind. youll need to flop trips or aces up to really be sure you are winning.

secondly, why are you betting more than double the pot. this isnt a tournament, i think that is most of youre problem. you need a lot of work. GL i hope to see you at my table.

Supwithbates
03-22-2007, 02:57 AM
we already told you in bbv, its just a bad beat, you played it expertly

yeotaJMU
03-22-2007, 02:57 AM
lol it is a "joke"