PDA

View Full Version : 2NL - C-Bets picks up a flush draw... spewish line or solid? River?

cubase
03-22-2007, 02:35 AM
Checking line especially at turn. I've picked up the flush draw and could check for my free card or I can continue to fire putting pressure on my OOP villian. Betting could force him to fold, or if I get to the showdown, show that I'm capable of bluffing two streets for later paydays.

And obviously looking for some guidance on the river.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($1.85)
MP ($1.35)
Button ($0.94)
SB ($4.70)
Hero ($9.73)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $0.02, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.12</font>, Button folds, SB calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.26) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.22</font>, SB calls $0.22.

Turn: ($0.70) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.45</font>, SB calls $0.45.

River: ($1.60) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $3.91 (All-In)</font>, Hero ???

Reef
03-22-2007, 04:51 AM
I either cbet flop smaller (to like $0.16) or check. The board is soo draw heavy.

incredibly ez turn check. I might bet with the A/images/graemlins/club.gif ..

river is very villian dependant.. but you basically bloated the pot so much and put yourself in a spot. If he's bluffy / lagtard maybe call.

Genz
03-22-2007, 04:56 AM
A drawy board doesn't keep me exactly from cbetting, because I hope that villain is scared of the board as well. When he calls and the board gets worse, I check behind on the turn though. River is probably a call for me on this limit. I think he might push any club here or even a 2pair.

cubase
03-22-2007, 02:51 PM
bump for afternoon crew... really curious what you think about this hand as well as the responses so far...

yeotaJMU
03-22-2007, 02:59 PM
c-bet on the flop is fine here. id make a smaller bet, like .16-.18 because if he doesnt hit this flop hes folding anyway, and if he does he is almost always calling (and putting you on AK obv). once youre called id check the turn and take my free card, if he has a 10 8 or 7 is he has no reason to think it isnt good now if it was on the flop. also, if he was drawing to a flush you can get c/r here and then you cant draw to a potentially better flush.
as played the river is a tough fold, as previously mentioned it depends on reads but i dont see myself folding the second nuts at this limit.

allaboutmyfetti
03-22-2007, 03:00 PM
I check the turn. We just picked up a re-draw to the 3rd nut flush and getting CRAI would suck. There are not many worse hands we are getting value from when the 3rd club hits. Sure we might have FE over some weak-hands, but we've got a ton of pot equity so i'd rather draw for free.

cubase
03-22-2007, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
c-bet on the flop is fine here. id make a smaller bet, like .16-.18 because if he doesnt hit this flop hes folding anyway, and if he does he is almost always calling (and putting you on AK obv). once youre called id check the turn and take my free card, if he has a 10 8 or 7 is he has no reason to think it isnt good now if it was on the flop. also, if he was drawing to a flush you can get c/r here and then you cant draw to a potentially better flush.
as played the river is a tough fold, as previously mentioned it depends on reads but i dont see myself folding the second nuts at this limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really like this response because it just reminded of a Green Plastic point. If the card that comes out is an undercard, and the villian believes his hand was good on the flop, then he will still think it is good on the turn. Now the flush card is scary for him, so clearly he's checking his TP if he has it. One could rationalize a bet here on the "scare" card, but it isn't nearly as scary I suppose as an Ace or King.

If the A-Q comes up, it would probably be a better scare card to bet.

So now I think I'm likely to agree given that it was an undercard (and I didn't represent the flush anyway), taking my free card here is a better option.

cubase
03-22-2007, 03:14 PM
FWIW, I stuck with my gut on the river which told me the massive overbet didn't make sense. Yes he could have Acx where x is a card on the board. I guess I should have mentioned earlier, he pretty much insta-shoved the river and I just didn't buy it. If he had the Ac, he would need to spend at least a second to figure out if I had a decent club that I might call with. And then he needs to at least consider a bet amount, if even for a couple seconds. He didn't. He just instant shoved.

I decided he had a crappy club or a busted straight and called. This read is obviously based in the world of 2NL and mileage may vary at your limit.

He showed a busted straight, no clubs.

boycalledroy
03-22-2007, 03:36 PM
This is how I play it. I do the opposite of everybody else (so I must be wrong haha) any time a board is draw heavy I bet more than if its not draw heavy. Because I want them to think I'm protecting a big hand and I don't want it cracked cheaply. Also a bigger flop bet will get you generally a chance to check behind on the turn with the redraw which is VERY imporatant.

This is a line I really love because they expect you to bet. Also the flipside is the river bluff, it does give you a hard situation if you have a hand with showdown value with an overbet. Here it is an instant call though. If he has the ace so be it.