PDA

View Full Version : 10NL - Middle Set on Flush Board

Learning
03-21-2007, 10:25 PM
Full Tilt Poker
$0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
5 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
MP: $4.55
BTN: $6.50
SB: $9.6
Hero (BB): $10.85
UTG: $16.10

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($0.15, 5 players)
UTG calls $0.10, MP calls $0.10, BTN folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $0.60</font>, Hero calls $0.50, UTG folds, MP folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif ($1.4, 2 players)
<font color="red">SB bets $1</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.50</font>, SB calls $1.50

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif [7/images/graemlins/heart.gif] ($6.4, 2 players)
<font color="red">SB bets all in for $6.55</font>, [i]Hero ???

I don't know what to do here.

boycalledroy
03-21-2007, 10:28 PM
Personally I would raise flop to a PSB. When I get donked into I do it a lot. On the Turn I'd call you are ahead of QJ, Q10, QA, JA etc. He might have hit his flush, if he did you have 11 outs. You have to call!

Sean Fraley
03-21-2007, 11:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
On the Turn I'd call you are ahead of QJ, Q10, QA, JA etc. He might have hit his flush, if he did you have 11 outs. You have to call!

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you don't have to call. Without a read that SB either bluffs flush boards or desperation pushes when an obvious draw comes in, this is where you fold and curse at getting sucked out on. The pot is giving you less than 2:1 odds and your 10 (not 11) outs give you 3.6:1 to fill up or hit quads. Since villain is all in you have no implied odds. Call this only if you have seen evidence that SB would do this with less than the flush.

Big Poppa Smurf
03-21-2007, 11:30 PM
This is my new mantra:

You have no read, you play micros, you get ai!

Sean Fraley
03-21-2007, 11:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is my new mantra:

You have no read, you play micros, you get ai!

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Follow this mantra for your next 10k hands.
2) After 10k hands review all of you 80BB+ pots in PT
3) PM me to tell me how it went.

This isn't to sound like a douchebag. I really want to know if this is the best way to go, but don't want to use my bankroll to find out. The fact that you have openly volunteered for this brave experiment warms my heart all the way down to the sub-cockles.

I will say that if this was the flop I'm shoving with manic glee. Not so on the turn.

breandan
03-21-2007, 11:37 PM
laff out [censored] loud....u call and than curse about getting sucked out on this is 2 pair/nothing more than u think...that whole mantra about never folding a set is pretty good advice. if ur behind just hit quads on river duh.

bozzer
03-22-2007, 05:27 AM
the problem is your raise gives 5-1.5 pot odds on the flop. if you'd bet bigger you could have called a push on the turn. as it is you have to fold i think.

yeotaJMU
03-22-2007, 05:34 AM
must make a bigger raise on flop. close to pot sized at least. as played, folding turn is correct but im probably calling at this stake because 1) id tilt from a heart dropping 2) i have outs against a flush 3) i might be winning (i.e AQ w A of hearts)

Loc0Loc0
03-22-2007, 05:47 AM
Raise bigger on the flop as some ppl allready suggested.

But on 10NL ppl can easily push Ah Qs here or maybe an overpair Kh Ks, Ah As..

But if u raise more on the flop. The call is a little easier and i think the times u hit your boat and the times your in front on this level is higher, than he actually hits his flush. Only A/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif and A/images/graemlins/heart.gifK/images/graemlins/heart.gif could beat you here.
Considering A/images/graemlins/heart.gifT/images/graemlins/heart.gif would be limped about 80% on this limit.

*Edit: I would like to say that a read/note would be very helpfull here.

Debaser
03-22-2007, 05:58 AM
Villain raised pf out of his sb so you at least know he has some game. If he raised with A /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif, A /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif or A /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif then it's very possible he would 3-bet all in on the flop with his monster draw. If he's just turned the nuts he might well try to check raise you all in or make a smaller bet, he wants paying off after all.

This is much more likely to be AA or KK with a heart or AK with a heart and I'm calling this all day.

Loc0Loc0
03-22-2007, 06:05 AM
I Would push here for value if i had AK of hearts... C/R with deep stack is to obvious... bet would work here fine because he is committed