PDA

View Full Version : NL25: KTo faces flop AI with OESD+Pair

Numfar
03-21-2007, 08:52 PM
Hi guys. I have recently taken a month or so off from Poker and have just started playing again in the last few days. Sadly, I'm getting crushed. I'm just clearing the bonus that FTP offered me but losing $150 to make $50 doesn't seem profitable.

I seem to be encountering a lot of tough decisions and I may be making the wrong decisions (also, FTP is rigged). So, time to start posting hands.

I had no read on the villain but there is a good chance that he thinks I'm on tilt because I got stacked a few minutes earlier with a set vs FD AI on flop. River made the flush because FTP is rigged.

Full Tilt Poker
$0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
BB: $38.45
UTG: $5.95
MP: $59.95
CO: $12.40
Hero (BTN): $24.05
SB: $24.95

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> T/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($0.35, 6 players)
UTG folds, MP folds, CO calls $0.25, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.10</font>, SB calls $1, BB folds, CO folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> T/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif ($2.7, 2 players)
<font color="red">SB bets $1.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $5</font>, <font color="red">SB raises all in to $23.95</font>, Hero folds

When I flopped my hand, I was happy to get AI but once villain pushed I wasn't very pleased. So, I folded - but villain showed his hand.

Anyway, I keep thinking about it because the fact that I was a button raiser, most of the table thought I was on tilt (this was confirmed later when one of them followed me to another table) and villain being unknown makes me think he could have had a hand that I should have called against.

BTW, looking back I think I should have bet more on the flop but not sure if it would have made much difference except committing me - may not have been a bad thing I guess.

Any thoughts?

takingcontrol
03-21-2007, 09:13 PM
flop is a fold, alot of your outs could be tainted on that board. If I was getting pushed around that badly I'd be waiting for a proper hand to get my money in on.

Skleice
03-21-2007, 09:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I seem to be encountering a lot of tough decisions and I may be making the wrong decisions. River made the flush because FTP is rigged.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are putting yourself in these situations. K10o is not a strong hand. It is easily dominated, etc. I don't mind a raise on the button with it...but tread lightly when you get action. This is a very dangerous flop. Most players play higher cards, so it defintely at least paired somebody. And easily made 2 pair or any combo of str8/flush draws. I agree that you have to fold. In retrospect, it probably would've been better to call the flop, even though that is weak. But, you couldn't know that. You played it fine.

However, in regards to the 'tough situations'....avoid them until you are better at handling them. (I'm working on this too). Avoid big confrontations with marginal hands, etc.

---get over the 'online poker is rigged' thing. If you really think it is, then don't play.

Numfar
03-21-2007, 09:28 PM
Thanks. The tainted outs comment is valid and is a big part of my confusion - I have anywhere between 0 and about 13 outs and there is a small chance that I'm already ahead. Also what makes it difficult is that if I was in his position with my hand, I would have played it like he did, as I might with Ac9c or perhaps 9cXc if I thought I could get him to fold.

Numfar
03-21-2007, 09:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
---get over the 'online poker is rigged' thing. If you really think it is, then don't play.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think online poker is rigged - just FTP /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm kidding - obviously it's not but I can beat any other site for well over 10PTBB/100 but hardly break even on FTP. It's just a combination of the players and running a little bad there I guess.

Brian O'Nolan
03-21-2007, 09:39 PM
pf is fine as long as you can get away from a hand like this. You played this kinda like a limit hand- flatcalling the flop is generally better on a wet board like this as villain could have 2 pair/straight fairly easily. A flop raise is better in this spot with a hand that doesn't have much value, 55, Ax, etc.

Numfar
03-21-2007, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the input Brian.

I'm just trying to get my head around what you said because calling his lead was the last thing on my mind. His lead will usually mean a good but not great hand (although that can change because of how scary the board is). Against a hand like that I think I may be able to make it fold and if I can't, It will only call and then I can push the turn and either get it to fold or have lots of outs if it doesn't.

If in fact he has a strong hand then he will push and I can fold.

It seems as though that line is OK - I guess I'm not seeing the benefits of calling (although it doesn't seem like a bad line).

breandan
03-22-2007, 12:16 AM
seriously flat call the flop, hit ur draw and stack him on the turn. ez.

Numfar
03-22-2007, 02:53 AM
He's not getting stacked on the turn with that board - I may get another bet out of a decent hand (unlikely though) but with 4 to a straight there, only another straight is going AI.

Anyway, for those who are interested - he had AK.

Supwithbates
03-22-2007, 03:24 AM
I agree with OP, flatcalling this flop is awful. Raise/fold is obv. optimal line here. You're raising for information, raising for fold equity (seriously, if you're villain with JT here or KQ or soooo many other hands, that flop raise looks scary) if villain is known to donk into PFR light, then I'd much rather raise here than flatcall and stack off on a turn of 9. Seriously, if hero hits ANY of his outs, he's not getting paid off by any worse hands if he flatcalls and hits... he's likely behind, his outs could quite possibly get him stacked, and raising the flop has fold equity against hands that beat him. Calling for straight value is of VERY little value

On the flop, raise=fold (I'd choose based on the villain and our history)&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;flatcall
Edit:
Given that your raise might be viewed as weak since you are perceived as being on tilt, I'd just fold b/c our FE is decreased

Numfar
03-22-2007, 04:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Given that your raise might be viewed as weak since you are perceived as being on tilt, I'd just fold b/c our FE is decreased

[/ QUOTE ]
Good point.

When I posted this hand it was actually because I was beginning to think I should have called his push and now I'm leaning towards just folding to his lead.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Jouster777
03-22-2007, 06:32 AM
Fold preflop given your image.

I think results are tainting responses and your thinking here. I like the flop raise and folding to the flop lead would be horrible.

After the push, put villain on a range and discount AK some given the PF action then pokerstove it - I suspect you will find about the equivalent of 10-11 outs = ~40% equity. With that finding you are paying ~$17.50 to win $31 so you should call the push.

(Edit: include a bit of air in that range because villain thinks he has you rattled from the prior hand - which, given your responses he probably does)