PDA

View Full Version : 50nl FTP - TT flops a set in a reraised pot, but...

Leviathan101
03-21-2007, 04:15 PM
BTN is tight running at 11.8/9.2/4.5 over 100 hands.
CO is semi loose but has a tight 3 betting range. He stacked off with Top pair against what I thought was an obvious set/two pair. 29/15/2.0 over 127 hands.

Full Tilt Poker
$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

Stack Sizes
UTG: $49.05
Hero (MP): $95.85
CO: $78.50
BTN: $69.05
SB: $31.95
BB: $50.25

Preflop: T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($0.75, 6 players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $6</font>, BTN calls, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls $4

Flop: T/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($17.75, 3 players)
Hero check/folds?

I beat... like AA and KK. KK has redraws to beat me, and AA is probably the hand I have the most equity against. I'm already dead to QQ and JJ, plus the fact that the button cold called really worries me. What's the best line here? I am beating AA, KK, and AQ, and not many other hands. I can redraw against AK, but I'm actually beat by most of COs range, and that doesn't even count in the button. Button probably has a smaller pocket pair than the board so I'm not too concerned about him, but he's still a consideration.

What's the best line?

Machavelli
03-21-2007, 04:21 PM
This is the type of flop that makes you want to puke. At these stakes its hard to tell exactly what to do. I'd like to say play it cautiously but I think in the moment I'm probably getting my money in.

I'd probably break it down like this: if CO range is loose he could RR PF w/ KQs, AK, 99+. I probably check/call this spot. I dont want to be run over by a Cbet so I want to see a turn. If the board pairs and its set over set then so bet it - my money is going in.

That all follows the assumption that button is not a real concern.

Big Poppa Smurf
03-21-2007, 04:25 PM
Button probably has somethign like QQ/JJ or AK here btw, and factor that in with CO as well and you could be drawing really slim. Having said that I'd just check here and see what happens, button's actions will greatly determine what you do here.

Piece of Cake
03-21-2007, 04:32 PM
At least the flop's not montone right?

What's your image like over the 100 hands so far? I'm getting more accustomed to deciding I'm willing to felt on the flop and then playing on with that in mind. Most of the time because of the protection afforded versus mining with my light 3betting and cbets, I'm willing to do so with tptk and overpairs for 100bb. But this is not a situation that I'm willing to commit more chips to.

Playing for stacks with the CO is 160 bb as well.

Recall this board is just as scary for everyone else so I'm not sure many worse hands are going to pay you here. Weak tight it may be but I check/fold.

Big Poppa Smurf
03-21-2007, 04:34 PM
Saying you are going to check/fold before you see what action takes place on the flop is silly, your hand could still be best here or you might get to see a turn relatively cheaply, and we have best relative position.

Leviathan101
03-21-2007, 04:36 PM
I think I have a TAG image cause I've been running a little dry (meaning I'm not playing my normal game which I'm pretty loose) Not sure how much they notice though. This is the first time I've coldcalled a 3 bet this session. I 4 bet AI on a shortstack earlier when I had KK, he flipped over AKs.

Piece of Cake
03-21-2007, 04:41 PM
I suppose if the CO cbets, the btn folds, then I should consider playing on since he's proven to stack off light on scary boards.

I'm thrown off by the read on the CO's rr range. If we think CO could have {AQ, KQ, AA, KK} and will committ more money to the pot with those hands then I suppose we should consider playing on.