PDA

View Full Version : 25NL TT in SB -- flop T98 reraised postflop

takegawa
03-21-2007, 03:57 PM
Absolute Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $40
CO: $30
Button: $65
Hero: $35
BB: $30

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG calls $0.25 <font color="aaaaaa">()</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, BB calls $1.25 <font color="aaaaaa">()</font>, UTG calls $1.00 <font color="aaaaaa">()</font>.

Flop: T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2.25</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $5</font>, UTG folds, Hero ...

Smells like a made straight.. Should i shove and possibly face a straight? Or should i call down till the river? Or fold after the raise.

Villain's stats: 54/9/4.5 on 22 hands..

Jouster777
03-21-2007, 04:31 PM
Small sample but looking like villain is LAG. His range here is wide and includes straights but also a ton of draws, combo draws, 2-pair, etc. Even against a made straight we are about 35% to win. I shove here and feel pretty good about it.

Machavelli
03-21-2007, 04:32 PM
Get your money in.

Leviathan101
03-21-2007, 04:34 PM
You shove, cause it doesn't smell like a made straight, as much as any good hand. You see two pair, lower sets, flush draws, straight draws, combo draws, pair + draws here all the time. And you're only behind 3 possible hands, QJ, J7, and 76.

03-21-2007, 06:00 PM
You kind of induced a raise by betting pretty small on the flop compared to the pot size, so IMO your hand is a bit (forgot the word) underrepresented. I shove, you have 35% of filling up by the river.

Waingro
03-21-2007, 06:23 PM
Bet more on the flop, that is a really tiny bet. Just shove the second time around, you should be happy he raised. Calling is bad and folding is even worse.

ADK
03-21-2007, 06:45 PM
im 3 betting all in

takegawa
03-21-2007, 07:06 PM
A potsize bet would be ok? And how about my preflop raise? This one is ok yea?

And thanks for the advice on shoving/folding. I've taken notice of it and next time i'll play it like it's supposed to be played.

03-21-2007, 09:18 PM
takegawa, I make my continuation bets pretty much the same size all the time. About 75% of pot, regardless if I hit or I don`t. I know others who vary their CB bet size according to the oponents at the table (passive or aggressive). you can use less if they fold for less. However in a session you have to try to make them pretty much a standart size or people will pick up on betting patters. You can hovewer bet a little more on a scary flop like this one, cause it would seem logical if you would be holding a hand and try to protect it.

ssdex
03-21-2007, 09:30 PM
fwiw, the flop bet is fine, b/c it did what i hoped you wanted it to do, induce a raise. I think this is most often a flush draw re raise and that is my experience with flops like this on stars......... I'm getting my money in here, probably shoving, but a 3bet is not completely out of the question, but for the love of god do not call..... this is a pretty standard shove though i would think, as i believe your hand is very underrepresented and a mini raise usually indicates i wanna see 1 more card, not i have the nuts...... he needs to be afraid of a flush too if he has a str8, so why mini raise?

orange
03-21-2007, 09:54 PM
shoving works. 3-betting/shoving ANY turn works too. doesnt really matter, because if he's calling the 3-bet, he's usually calling a shove. this board is too nasty to slowplay as well.

Brian O'Nolan
03-21-2007, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
fwiw, the flop bet is fine, b/c it did what i hoped you wanted it to do, induce a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
Never EVER underbet, check, whatever, a set on a very wet board to induce a bet/raise/bluff at these levels. Play is predominantly passive and you will be put in very bad spots with this kind of FPS, ie. villain flatcalls and turn completes 4 to a straight.

breandan
03-22-2007, 12:23 AM
seriously just 3 bet all in.