PDA

View Full Version : What to do on turn A's up

Hosehound25
03-21-2007, 12:53 PM
Four way pot. Villain has played pretty LAG so far into the session. Pretty loose call preflop, but I was pretty certain the guy behind me was gonna call also, so I was getting decent odds. The turn gives me A's and 7's and I check it to the Villain, who shoots off a potsized bet. I was 50/50 on this one, but with a dangerous board I knew it was either a fold/reraise. I was hoping he had AJ or AQ since he checked the flop. What would be your move on the turn, where do you think I stand?

Full Tilt Poker
$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
MP: $38.50
CO: $25.40
BTN: $88.25
SB: $14.15
Hero (BB): $22.15
UTG: $41.15

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($0.75, 6 players)
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="red">MP raises to $2.25</font>, CO folds, BTN folds, SB calls $2, Hero calls $1.75, UTG calls $1.75

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif ($9, 4 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif [A/images/graemlins/club.gif] ($9, 4 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="red">MP bets $9</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises all in to $20.40</font>, UTG folds, MP calls $11.40

<font color="black">River:</font> 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif [8/images/graemlins/heart.gif] ($49.8, 2 players)
No action

thefisherman
03-21-2007, 01:08 PM
Looks fine. Maybe AT or QJs if he's loose. I agree that a reasonable player would bet out flop with a pair of kings or better, so you can rule out those hands. If MP is a LAG, I read his bet as a possible bluff to grab the pot, so push is fine.

Gustav
03-21-2007, 01:11 PM
On a board this drawy and multiway you really need to lead this turn for close to pot. Especially since the flop got checked through.

Since you're a shortstack I don't mind getting it all in once the opportunity arises. Not to say you're necessarilly good, we're beaten by a lot, but I think it's ok.

I also dislike the pf call quite a bit, especially given your stack.

Perk76
03-21-2007, 01:14 PM
Yuck on preflop call.

Now that you called, there are basically 2 kinds of hands your looking for, and you got 1 of them with two pair. For whatever reason your quite short funded during this particular hand, so pushing is fine. I think MP makes a bet on the flop being last to act with a hand that has you beat at this point with the exception of A10. I think A10 is the only hand to worry about, yet your short so get it in.

Gustav
03-21-2007, 01:18 PM
I'd say QJ is the main concern.

EMc
03-21-2007, 01:22 PM
Why are you playing short stacked?

Hosehound25
03-21-2007, 01:24 PM
Playing multiple tables, usually buy in for 40% max which is pretty common at Full Tilt. Doesn't usually impede my play.

Perk76
03-21-2007, 02:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd say QJ is the main concern.

[/ QUOTE ]

MP raised preflop, and seems like QJ would bet this flop to keep control of the hand, possible free card on turn, and to look like a legitamate hand due to drawy board. Thats why I think A10 is more likely since he would be more likely to check the flop with position.

Hosehound25
03-21-2007, 03:08 PM
Good read guys, A 10 is what he had, and what I was worried about also. In hindsight I wouldn't of called pre, as this guy was aggressive, so better to mix it up with him with a better hand, even though it was four way pot. Thanks for the analysis.

WHITEBOYAEHS
03-21-2007, 03:17 PM
being shortstacked bites...y does everyone hate on the preflop call? is it ok with a legit stack? iono how exactly i woulda played the turn...but i know im getting it in...btw always buyin max...

Perk76
03-21-2007, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
y does everyone hate on the preflop call? is it ok with a legit stack?

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling alot of hands from the BB will be a leak especially if your calling with hands that are gonna be dominated a large percentage of the time when you hit. This particular hand, he is looking for a flush/two pair type hand to really even battle someone in position. And the two pair hand is going to be in a world of hurt a good percent of time also due to alot of over cards higher than the 7.

I would rather battle with a true rag mid card, or suited connectors than this ace rag hand. This A7 is a fold a super large percentage of the time to a preflop raise, including late CO/Button steal raises.

If you want to play from the BB, come in reraising! /images/graemlins/smile.gif Will help get action on big hands and to create an aggressive image, also will keep some people off your blinds consistently if you defend. Defense isnt calling and waiting to hit.

boycalledroy
03-21-2007, 03:50 PM
He's called over 10% of his stack off with an easily dominated hand in a multiway pot. All I can say is WHY WHY WHY?

If there is no flush or 2 p you get the hel out. You flopped 2p, push and hope somebody goes shortstack wtf.

Otherwise buy in for full, you lose implied odds and you lose the ability to make $50 out of your AA etc