PDA

View Full Version : qj button. lots of minraises

jordiepop
03-21-2007, 10:16 AM
what is going on with this guy and these minraises. should i just fold to his preflop minraise, and also is the flop steal bad. with this minraise [censored] i have no idea what is going on.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $55.30
UTG+1: $51.25
CO: $39.50
Hero: $71.05
SB: $68.70
BB: $45.70

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $3</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif ($6.25, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $10</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: $5 returned to BB.

Results:
Final pot: $18.25

TheRenaissance
03-21-2007, 10:27 AM
People's min3betting range vary widely, but I'll give an unknown credit for actually having a hand here. I'd say his range is JJ+/AK.

Folding preflop is probably best, with domination issues and reverse implied odds all over the place. Yeah I know you are getting good odds but you are not going to have much fun postflop.

Flop steal is transparent.
Check behind.

(Edited for idiocy)

jordiepop
03-21-2007, 10:30 AM
its hard to check raise in posistion. I figured i could easily have a pair of 77 or something of the like here.

TheRenaissance
03-21-2007, 10:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
its hard to check raise in posistion. I figured i could easily have a pair of 77 or something of the like here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh misread. I still think the steal is bad though.
Just check behind.

lemming
03-21-2007, 10:33 AM
even with 77, would you like his minraise there, and preflop? don't think so /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I figure folding preflop is fine to me as well... Just don't do that too often, else you get raised all the time when you wanna steal the blinds /images/graemlins/wink.gif

TheRenaissance
03-21-2007, 10:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right.
But villain seems to play pretty bad, and he is probably more concerned about his own hand than yours.

TheRenaissance
03-21-2007, 10:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
even with 77, would you like his minraise there, and preflop? don't think so /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I figure folding preflop is fine to me as well... Just don't do that too often, else you get raised all the time when you wanna steal the blinds /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW I'd instacall preflop with 78sooted.
QJ is just such a annoying hand to play.
You'll only win a big pot on a miracle flop.