PDA

View Full Version : KK hows my line

jordiepop
03-21-2007, 10:10 AM
no reads on villian. the turn would make think my hand is good, but i dont think raising is a good idea. even if hes a shortie

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $57.50
UTG+1: $34.60
Hero: $61.20
Button: $73.65
SB: $48.70
BB: $17.60

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2.75</font>, 2 folds, BB calls, UTG+1 folds.

Flop: 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($6.25, 2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: A/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($6.25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $4.35</font>, Hero calls.

River: 6/images/graemlins/club.gif ($14.95, 2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks.

eigenvalue
03-21-2007, 10:14 AM
With KK on an A-flop, I always make a CB. You give your hand away if you don't CBet an A-flop with a pair.
As played, turn and river are ok.

jordiepop
03-21-2007, 10:18 AM
i dont agree with this, i check ak on ace high flops all the time now. There have been some really good posts about dealing with kk when an ace flops. checking here isnt a dead give away imo.

Genz
03-21-2007, 10:21 AM
Well, if you check AK on A-hi flops from time to time, you can check here too without raising suspicion. But I think a) you shouldn't check AK on A-hi flops too often because you are giving money away and b) on uNL noone realizes this anyway...

But in general I like the hand. I might make a smallish value bet on the river though against a passive player.

dirtylobster
03-21-2007, 10:23 AM
Do you raise $2.75 with pocket 5's preflop? Do you raise $2.75 with JTs preflop? If not, then don't bet $2.75 with KK. You're awfully easy to read. There are donks that are very easy to put on a hand just because of their bet size preflop. Make it about $1.75-$2 regardless of your holdings.

I'd bet the flop most of the times here. Either you take it down there or he reraises and you can fold. A pocket pair would most probably call.

Why didn't you bet the river? You have the best hand here in most cases and he'll probably call a $10 bet with any pocket pair 77+. If he shoves, fold. He could have any pocket pair here or two diamonds.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see the limper. Don't mind preflop play, it's good. Gotta take a nap.....

spalding
03-21-2007, 10:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you raise $2.75 with pocket 5's preflop? Do you raise $2.75 with JTs preflop? If not, then don't bet $2.75 with KK. You're awfully easy to read. There are donks that are very easy to put on a hand just because of their bet size preflop. Make it about $1.75-$2 regardless of your holdings.

[/ QUOTE ]
There's a limper infront of him so $1.75 would be pretty bad.

dirtylobster
03-21-2007, 01:56 PM
OMG I must have been tired when posting that. Villain can have about any two cards of his range and is just trying to steal the pot on the turn. Bet river!

Gustav
03-21-2007, 02:11 PM
I play it exactly the same.

avfletch
03-21-2007, 02:23 PM
Standard until the river where I'd make a value bet. Probably around half pot.

Gustav
03-21-2007, 02:29 PM
I don't know, he's not calling with much on this board and the 6 is a possible holding. I don't hate it though.

dirtylobster
03-21-2007, 02:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know, he's not calling with much on this board and the 6 is a possible holding. I don't hate it though.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think he'd call preflop with A6/56/67 OOP? His line still doesn't make any sense. He would bet the river with a 6 for sure.

Zagga
03-21-2007, 02:38 PM
A high flops are especially good for c-betting if you missed, since villains will think you can certainly have hitted it. checking the turn cries JJ-KK and people will take advantage of that by bluffing you out with nothing in a pot you otherwise would have taken with the c-bet.

on uNL, people wont notice you checking AK on an A high board but they will notice you checking on an A high board here.

gumpzilla
03-21-2007, 02:39 PM
I'd check behind on this flop usually as well, though a cbet isn't terrible since you're in position. If you're comparing it to A-hands, AK isn't the right comparison - I'd bet AK almost all the time there. AJ, on the other hand, I'd frequently check behind with. The difference is that when you have AK there are a few more worse As your opponent will call with that aren't there with AJ.

Anyway, I like the line.

Gustav
03-21-2007, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A high flops are especially good for c-betting if you missed, since villains will think you can certainly have hitted it. checking the turn cries JJ-KK and people will take advantage of that by bluffing you out with nothing in a pot you otherwise would have taken with the c-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on this logic, hero played the flop and turn absolutely perfectly. No better hands are folding to a flop bet, there are no draws, and we likely induced a turn bluff.