PDA

View Full Version : 10nl Stars AQ oop on flop AQJ facing a big raise

WardLittell
03-21-2007, 08:20 AM
No read on villain. His raise on the flop seems pretty big compared of what i've seen so far on 10nl
Thanks for the comments /images/graemlins/smile.gif
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($5.40)
UTG ($5.10)
MP ($10.30)
CO ($6)
Button ($9.15)
Hero ($9.75)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $0.10, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $0.3</font>, Hero calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $0.20.

Flop: ($1) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.95</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $4</font>, hero gets confused

I_HATE_TIHSKID
03-21-2007, 08:33 AM
Easy push.

More likely AK, AJ, some spade combination than AA, QQ, JJ.

wilfie
03-21-2007, 08:37 AM
I've decided I need to post replys because i'm treading water and it's no fun!

I'm calling, no spade on the turn and i'm pushing, maybe he has a set or a flush draw /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I_HATE_TIHSKID
03-21-2007, 08:41 AM
@ wilfie

If you just call you have gotten ½ your stack in, so i like to push now, while the board is okay. You are commited anyway.

A spade, K, 10 would be kinda ugly.

Btw, i doubt that he is folding any hand he raises almost ½ his stack with.

lemming
03-21-2007, 08:45 AM
Considering you have no reads at all on this guy, you can easily give it a shot and push. Top two, after all, he raised preflop. He might as well have AK, AJ. Maybe A/images/graemlins/spade.gif10/images/graemlins/spade.gif or something like that.

However, from my experience in NL10, I'm guessing he's got the nuts or a flushdraw... People don't push that hard without any of the two imo.

nukewell
03-21-2007, 10:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
His raise on the flop seems pretty big compared of what i've seen so far on 10nl

[/ QUOTE ]

not sure what u mean?

is a tough spot i would let go here without a read, but i play pretty tightish against big raises at 10nl due to so many nits

has nt cost u much anyway

RollTide77
03-21-2007, 11:58 AM
If you haven't seen him do this type of thing often then that tells me he's got a good hand but a beatable hand and he's afraid of the FD out there. So probably a set. I don't think you can fold top two though. You could try calling this down and might get away with it to save some $$. Whatever happens you can't fold though.

[edit]also, if the spade hits on the turn or river I would push as a bluff.

juanepr
03-21-2007, 12:39 PM
I don't think you can call here and not be allin on the turn. So its a push or fold IMO. I don't see many villians push flush draw at NL10, so it looks more like he is protecting his hand against the FD. Your only beating AJ, AK and KK. Tough spot that I probably push.

Gustav
03-21-2007, 12:46 PM
This is a really easy value push for me.

WardLittell
03-21-2007, 12:50 PM
I agree about the fact that's a push or fold situation. I beat AK AJ AT QJ and flushdraws, got beat by AA QQ (but it's unlikely) JJ and KT (much more likely); then it's a tough decision
Do you think a preflop reraise would've made it easier? what do you think about rerasing AQo in the small blind?

Gustav
03-21-2007, 12:57 PM
Honestly I'm not really thinking about villains hand here at all. I've seen villains call and show T7o way too often to fold a hand this strong.

03-21-2007, 01:45 PM
Players make big, pot commiting bets like this at 10NL when they are holding something like a set or straight on a scary board. It`s a hard decision, but I think folding is best here.

I would probably call, hoping he shows something like AJ, KK or a flushdraw and reload if I loose. Top two facing resistance always sucks, almost as bad as small set vs bigger set.

juanepr
03-21-2007, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you think a preflop reraise would've made it easier? what do you think about rerasing AQo in the small blind?

[/ QUOTE ]

I will re-raise this OOP sometimes, depending on how loose the table has been. I like to when the table is tight and prob is high that I take it down preflop.

[Edit: I do not do it when the table is full of calling stations. I just call and value bet when I hit.]

Perk76
03-21-2007, 02:59 PM
Reraising preflop will help narrow the buttons range, and reraising the button with AQ should be a higher percentage than just calling imo.

As far as this hand, button can do this with a wide range of hands since the board is quite draw heavy. Top 2, put it in. If he has a big set, or k10 oh well. Dont be surprised to see an ace rag flush draw or AJ a large percent of the time here.

IMO: ALL IN&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Call&gt;&gt;Fold

Angrymoog
03-21-2007, 05:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Players make big, pot commiting bets like this at 10NL when they are holding something like a set or straight on a scary board. It`s a hard decision, but I think folding is best here.

I would probably call, hoping he shows something like AJ, KK or a flushdraw and reload if I loose. Top two facing resistance always sucks, almost as bad as small set vs bigger set.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with cleaner, players are not doing this at NL10 without something very strong.

I probably stack off here and wonder why I dont learn to fold it.

Waingro
03-21-2007, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I would say the exact opposite is true. They never ever fast play their monsters on scary boards. I´d say hero is good here 80% of the the time so push ftw.

03-21-2007, 07:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I would say the exact opposite is true. They never ever fast play their monsters on scary boards. I´d say hero is good here 80% of the the time so push ftw.

[/ QUOTE ]

villain reraised, hero`s bet, so he knows that villain likes his bet. That is when they make big bets in my experiance, cause they get scared that hero outdraws them.

Waingro
03-21-2007, 08:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

villain reraised, hero`s bet, so he knows that villain likes his bet. That is when they make big bets in my experiance, cause they get scared that hero outdraws them.

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn´t say villain was bluffing, I just said that villain is far more likely to take this line with AK or AJ than with KT or a set. Not that it matters much, I´m not folding anyway. But I am super extra happy to get it all in now.

ChofritzK3o
03-21-2007, 08:32 PM
After looking at the hand for a while I'm leaning towards folding being the best move here. Lucky Jim has a point though that it's not often you see this kind of play with strong hands on NL10.

However at the table I'm sure my reasoning would be more like, "If he's got AA I've got running queens and if he's got QQ I've got aces, I push!"

WardLittell
03-22-2007, 06:25 AM
here's the full hand. i decided to push but unfortunately Villain was indeed protecting his hand from a flush draw.
thanks for the comments /images/graemlins/smile.gif
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($5.40)
UTG ($5.10)
MP ($10.30)
CO ($6)
Button ($9.15)
Hero ($9.75)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $0.10, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $0.3</font>, Hero calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $0.20.

Flop: ($1) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.95</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $9.45</font>, Button calls $4.85 (All-In).

Turn: ($19.30) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($19.30) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $19.30

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Qc Ad (two pair, aces and queens).
Button has Td Kd (straight, ace high).
Outcome: Button wins $18.70. Hero wins $0.59. </font>