PDA

View Full Version : should ur cbets show a profit?

Panic__NL
03-21-2007, 04:46 AM
I was wondering if the result of cbets should be about breakeven or that you should have a profit over all your cbets.
I use pokeroffice and set my filter to raise preflop and bet or raise on the flop. Then I selected all possible non made hands, like 1 overcard, flsuh draw etc. and watched what came up.
Interesting figures that is for sure, but what should be the outcome of it.

bazza22
03-21-2007, 04:52 AM
Just had a quick look at my PT stats, should definately be a tidy profit from all your cbets. If you're choosing the right boards then they should work majority of the time.

Good Cbets = $$$

prodonkey
03-21-2007, 04:52 AM
Yes your c-bets should show a profit.. if they don't there is something wrong that needs to be fixed.. either you're not doing it enough.. or too much.. or bad bet sizes.

prodonkey
03-21-2007, 04:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just had a quick look at my PT stats, should definately be a tidy profit from all your cbets. If you're choosing the right boards then they should work majority of the time.

Good Cbets = $$$

[/ QUOTE ]

How do I filter PT to show that? I hate how hud will show me how often someone c-bets but I can't find mine anywhere.

Panic__NL
03-21-2007, 04:56 AM
think it is quite the same as in PO. preflop action is raise or reraise. flop action is bet or reraise, in PO u can choose the type of hands u are holding. I selected all non made hands, cause else you mix your made hands in and you will defenitaley show a profit.

bazza22
03-21-2007, 04:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

How do I filter PT to show that? I hate how hud will show me how often someone c-bets but I can't find mine anywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

On general info screen find the filter tab (middle right of page) select pre flop raise and bet on flop et voila.

prodonkey
03-21-2007, 05:00 AM
I'm up marginally this session of 1k hands.. but I have a huge loss where my KQ ran into KT on a QQT flop, even with that though still showing a decent profit. Over 45k hands my profit from raising and c-betting is greater than my total net profit.. so seems like it should be a huge portion of your wins.

prodonkey
03-21-2007, 05:02 AM
Can't filter PT like you can PO.. but taking pairs out of the equation which should show your biggest profit.. still leaves me about 1/3 of my profit coming from raising/c-bet.

mathemagician54
03-21-2007, 05:06 AM
it's not just the cbet itself that's profitable but also when you have a hand and villain plays back/floats thinking you're just cbetting

Panic__NL
03-21-2007, 05:21 AM
ok so i should look at flops where i hit and i miss but bet anyway?

prodonkey
03-21-2007, 05:32 AM
No.. a C-bet is going to be any time you bet the flop after raising preflop.. it doesn't matter what your hand is.. maybe you flopped top set.. maybe you have 8 high. You're going to lose some money sometimes when you get called and have to shut down.. but this is the key that you're not always betting with a hand. Then your bigger hands will be paid off more than if you only bet with the goods.

Michael Fish
03-21-2007, 06:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes your c-bets should show a profit.. if they don't there is something wrong that needs to be fixed.. either you're not doing it enough.. or too much.. or bad bet sizes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep them sane and make them standard. I've lately made some serious changes in my cbetting habbits mostly do to with board textures and opponents tendancys.

There's certainly a golden ratio in regards to cbetting frequency. By this I mean cbetting too much on boards you're unlikely to have hit is going to lead to you getting cbets getting picked off by more observant players. Whereas not doing it enough will lead to people donk betting into you. you.

In anycase as most players at this level are fairly predictable both of these can be easily exploited by varying your play based on thier betting patterns.

This to me has led me into mixing up my play a lot more than i used to, occassionaly delaying cbets to the turn and comming over the top of habbitual donkbetters and firing another barrel. These depending on board textures and betting patterns and prior history and must be considered in the context of the hand with solid reads.

If you're using PAHUD the follwing stats are really helpful, fold to cbet, calls cbet, raises cbet. Also related to this are the flop and turn aggression stats are helpful to use when making decisions on betting the flop or turn and can give a general indication of how the hand might pan out if you get called. Using bet sizing as a tool so that both made hands and missed hands are treated in an identical manner I've found this to be really important in taking down flops and aggrivating action with made hands, that's why I like to keep them of a standard size.

I guess the most helpful thing you'll learn if you already haven't is to avoid cbetting in multiway pots without some solid reads. Oh yes and most imporantly don't do this to calling station type players /images/graemlins/wink.gif Avoiding these spots will save you tonne of money.

Anyway I hope this helps. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Panic__NL
03-21-2007, 06:17 AM
yeah some nice tips, ty